Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Militärmuseum Sonntagberg

Article about: hmmm. I will be only 200 km away from the place when I visit my relatives in europe, sounds like a great place to visit.

Default Militärmuseum Sonntagberg

Hi Guys, last month I visited this museum along with fellow forum members "Roughshooter" and "Ostmark".

It is STUNNING!

I only took a few pics as I really was overwelmed with the sheer amount of items on display. It is one man's collection

He must have had close to 1000 firearms on display. Lots of vehicles, VW Kuble, Kettenkrad, T34/85 plus trucks and about 100 motorbikes, horse draw stuff, halftracks etc..... More pics other than my few can be seen in the link:

Militrmuseum Rosenau

If you have 3 million Euros going spare it could all be yours. To be honest that is cheap.

Outside is the crazy artwork made from K98 barrels and helmets!

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Militärmuseum Sonntagberg  

Default Re: Militärmuseum Sonntagberg

A few Soviet firearms: rare PPD, Sniper Mosin Nagants and flare pistols.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Militärmuseum Sonntagberg   Militärmuseum Sonntagberg  

Militärmuseum Sonntagberg  

Polish cap, German ammo in crate and MP44 pouches, unfinished MP44 receiver pressings and MP44 manual.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Militärmuseum Sonntagberg   Militärmuseum Sonntagberg  

Militärmuseum Sonntagberg   Militärmuseum Sonntagberg  

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Militärmuseum Sonntagberg

Thanks for this information/link Ade, didn’t know the existence of this museum, looks very interesting!, thanks for the additional pictures.

Hi Meindert, still posting my friend I have a few more to share.

I was really impressed with the place and I have been to all the big museums in the UK, plus Normandy, Arnhem, etc. He needs to market it better. But he is now in his 60's and basically wants to retire. He would actually rent the museum to someone to run it for him, you would just pay him a fee each month then how you market the place would be up to you.

Here is a rare Kampfpistole.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Militärmuseum Sonntagberg  

HJ displays

KZ uniform

award and impressive police display

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Militärmuseum Sonntagberg

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Meindert, still posting my friend I have a few more to share.

I was really impressed with the place and I have been to all the big museums in the UK, plus Normandy, Arnhem, etc. He needs to market it better. But he is now in his 60's and basically wants to retire. He would actually rent the museum to someone to run it for him, you would just pay him a fee each month then how you market the place would be up to you.

Here is a rare Kampfpistole.

Cheers, Ade.
    I was to quick with my reply, my apologies, I adjusted my reply, beautiful pictures, saw a kampfpistole like this being offered on the La Gleize show last month.

Heer and bit of Waffen SS.

The truck is a Steyr 1500A; one of a couple he has. This was part of a big DAK display of several vehicles.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast