Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Mouquet Farm,France

Article about: We visited Mouquet Farm as one of our party is the Great Great Grand daughter of a missing AIF soldier. Private Joseph Henty Teiste 2435 AIF, missing and beleived killed 22.8.1916 .( The sec

Default Mouquet Farm,France

We visited Mouquet Farm as one of our party is the Great Great Grand daughter of a missing AIF soldier.

Private Joseph Henry Teiste 2435 AIF, missing and beleived killed 22.8.1916 .( The second attack to take the farm.)

He along with many others is not forgotten.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mouquet Farm,France   Mouquet Farm,France  

Mouquet Farm,France  
    Last edited by VERSUCH; 06-25-2019 at 03:18 AM.

Nice picture, passed it many times

This brass serving dish which was once silver plated, was recovered from Moquet farm during a 'dig' in the early 1990's.

Cheers,
    Steve

Mouquet Farm,France

Very nice Steve!

VERSUCH, looking at the site today it’s hard to believe what took place alway those years ago. Sacred ground.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Very nice Steve!
    A friend of mine who passed away several years ago, recovered it on one of his many trips to France. His wife - who is French - did not like having it in the house, she is very superstitious and thought that it gave off 'bad' feelings. She told Stan to take it out of the house, and he gave it to me. I am happy to report that it has never given off any 'bad' feelings in our house!