Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Musee de la Liberation Le Muy, South of France

Article about: Hi Guys, this is a small museum ran by two French friends of mine. Located in the small town of Le Muy. Liens I have been to it several times over the years and here are a few pics I have ta

Lisajb21
    ?

Default Re: Musee de la Liberation Le Muy, South of France

Hello all,i have just returned from the celebrations in Ley Muy,our family go every year. My late grandfather served with the 2nd independent parachute brigade. i was very proud to be present when the 5 veterans were presented with their medals last week...have lots of photos but not sure if i can load them onto this site?

I also have a photo of the boys recieving a cheque towards the restoration fund at the welcome celebration lunch,please let me know if i can upload somehow?

?

This was a great little museum and I sincerely hope they can rebuild. I encourage everyone to help in whatever way possible.

Ade, I have always liked Mike Compton's BD. It has the most wonderful theatre made Pathfinder wing I have ever seen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Musee de la Liberation Le Muy, South of France   Musee de la Liberation Le Muy, South of France  

Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum!

Your photos would be very welcome! Please read "FAQ" at top right of the page for how to upload them. It is free and easy to do.

I knew Jim Chittenden and Peter Block from 1st Indep Para Platoon (Pathfinders) were being decorated but I did not realise another 3 Vets were. Great stuff!

Hi LRDG, it is a super blouse and I think it was not damaged in the flood.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade

Has the museum reopened again? I have been looking at old posts on Airborne forces and i found yours.

Paul

I ask on a French Forum.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Sadly the Museum has not reopened. There have been problems with the local Council over who owned what...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Exact.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

thats a terrible shame,,, hope they sort it,

same old story,Council trying to grab it.

?

Hmm sounds like Merry England!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4