Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Museum in Le Muy,Southern France

Article about: Hello boys! Don't plan a special trip to Southern France to visit the Draggon-operation-dedicated museum in Le Muy.. It is now closed,due to massive destruction after a big water flooding in

Default Museum in Le Muy,Southern France

Hello boys!

Don't plan a special trip to Southern France to visit the Draggon-operation-dedicated museum in Le Muy..
    It is now closed,due to massive destruction after a big water flooding in the village..
    Adrian has may be warned you formerly,but i do confirm,it does no longer exist (the museum,not Adrian,hehe..)

?

That is such a shame, as I know it was hit 3 years ago by spring floods I think and a lot of the collection was damaged as a result.

Are there plans to have anything back up for thge 70th anniversary of Dragoon next year? I hope so as I'm making the trip for the week and it would be nice to see.

Whatever they go with I just hope that it was only the building that received damage and none of the items as they are not replaceable unlike the building!

Hi Guys, it is my friends who run it, J. MICKAEL & ERIC.

I did post some pics of the horror from the other year somewhere on the forum I think?

This is their new website:

Site officiel du "15 Aout 1944 Airborne Task Force Museum"

Jon: I have been out there three times, well worth the trip. I have pics on the forum.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I've been once to Le Muy and La Motte and the surrounding region. I fell in love with the place and the fact that Op Dragoon took place there was just an added bonus!

I think the 70th will be a good week down there and I'm hoping (work permitting) to take part in the commemrative march the French organise, I can't wait!

here here Jon, Southern France.. is a goer for me next year!! love the place, the people. the wine lol Nice to see others having a interest in this largely forgot campaign

?

Does anyone know what is happening with the museum at the moment ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Paul, sad to say it is closed down...

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!