Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Museum: Roman archaeological museum - Aldenburgensis

Article about: Roman archaeological museum Aldenburgensis Exclusively for WRF members, a photographic report of my visit to the Roman archaeological museum in Aldenburgensis (Oudenburg). Their website: Sta

Default Re: Museum: Roman archaeological museum - Aldenburgensis

Hi Nick, this is great! I too find the Romans fasinating.

I would love to have some original artifacts.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Nick, this is great! I too find the Romans fasinating.

I would love to have some original artifacts.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hey Ade,
    they are pretty easy to come by, and compared to TR much cheaper to get.
    On ebay BE you will find some.
    There is an auction house in Hasselt offering lots of them artifacts every now and then.
    I once baught a ring at a very cheap price and it became my lucky charme; I always got what I wanted at auctions when I had it in my pocket!!
    Also worth a visit is Het nieuwe GALLO ROMEINS MUSEUM bouwen aan de toekomst van het verleden!
    It is in Flemish but I know you have got the abbility to put it in English; you 'll have to teach me that trick.

Thanks! I have always been too frightened to buy anything ( worried about fakes) as my knowledge about them is really zero.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Thanks! I have always been too frightened to buy anything ( worried about fakes) as my knowledge about them is really zero.

Cheers, Ade.
    Depends on what you are looking for. The cheapper you go the less the chance is you might have to deal with fakes.
    Around here there are not to many fakes, exept for tourist fakes , but htey are so obvious
    Turkey on the contrary as got all kind of fakes, from the most ridicule to the most sofisticated.
    And as a open air museum for roman artifacts Turkey is the place to be.

Hi guys

Thx for the positive replies, I'am glad you like this presentation. I bought the spearhead in Bulgaria, the bronze ring came from eBay.be and the silver coin I bought from a coin collector. I wouldn't worry to much about fakes Adrian, but as always you have to be on the lookout. Collecting TR al makes us a little paranoid I guess...

Greetz

Nick VR

Quote by Nick VR View Post
    Hi guys

Thx for the positive replies, I'am glad you like this presentation. I bought the spearhead in Bulgaria, the bronze ring came from eBay.be and the silver coin I bought from a coin collector.

Greetz

Nick VR
    I didn't realize they were yours!! I thought the pictures were also taken at the mueum.
    Way to go, nice stuf!

Hi Stuka f

Thank you, I'am currently looking for a nice fibula, I'am hoping to obtain a nice one before the end of the summer...

Greetz

Nick VR

Have a look here, Welkom
    it ain't my best friend, but he does have some intresting things from time to time

appie
    ?

Great stuff! I do a lot of digging in a Gallo Roman village just round the corner here. Never was interested in old stuff, only wwII, but now I really enjoy hunting these old sites, Roman, Visigothic.
    A mate of mine has a great collection of Roman artifacts, about 1000 kilo's.
    He wants to sell it now, so if you have interest let me know and can put you in contact. He lives in Belgium.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3