Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium

Article about: Together with the 'Guardian' we leave the 19th century and we move into 20th century and the horrors of WWI:

?

Default The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History at Brussels, Capital City of Belgium

Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf. H with extra armored turret-"Schuerzen"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium   Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium  

?

Default The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History at Brussels, Capital City of Belgium

3,7 cm Flak 36 (Sf) auf Fgst Zgkw 8 to Sd.Kfz. 7/2 - made by Krauss Maffei

Sorry to tell that there are only this two Ex-Wehrmacht vehicles ... but this was worth go to there
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium   Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium  

?

That have been the other hardware ... not bad, but against the Sd.Kfz. 7/2 ....

Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium   Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium  

?

... and as I've told, only a few from the inside of that beautiful museum

?

... please excuse the not very good quality of that pics, but they are only scans from printed pictures

Default Re: The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History at Brussels, Capital City of Belgium

I was there again today!
    They had a temporarly exposition about Belgian Congo, a periode I fancy because I was (mor or less) part of it.
    They also had another temporarly expo about Corea, very intresting too.Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in BelgiumMuseum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium

i have only one question... in this museum... the artefacts, the guns, the uniforms are real.. or reprodutions... always i have this doubt...

sorry for my bad english
    thanks

Default Re: Museum: 'The Royal Museum of the Army and Military History' in Belgium

Not to doubt about!! All are real.
    You should realy check it out. Be shure to check the hours ,when open, as well; due to personnal shortness, they close some parts of the museum occasionaly!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

I really appreciate you posting this... amazing.

?

This place has changed a great deal since I first went there well over 40 years ago. You would have loved it, I did, although the roof leaked and water was running down the walls and rusting suits of WW1 german body armour and crosses cut from WW1 german aircraft. The WW1 aircraft hanging from the ceiling were peeling fabric and there was one man on the door, no-one inside. You could actally open some of the display cases and handle the items!! Next time I went it had been done up, but loads of stuff had vanished (stored?) and the curators were very officious and you couldn't get near anything for rope barriers.
    Regards,
    Pete

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast