Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

My Great Uncle: Sgt Sid Thompson: Royal Air Force

Article about: I thought the story had ended there, but two years ago I was contacted by the daughter of one of Sid's crewmates who died with him on that ill fated flight. Enclosed with the email was a sub

?

Hi Adrian,
    I was in touch with the Sunderland trust seeking info on T9088 to build a model for my mother and to my surprise they provided me with what I think is the only existing picture of T9088 when she was new inservice with 228 Squadron, being used as an Admirals barge for Admiral Sir Percy Noble, Commander in Chief, Western Approaches.

Thanks very much for posting this photo!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Default T9088 as she could have looked when lost

Hi again Adrian,
    Just to let you know I got a bit more from the Sunderland Trust and built a model based on that info, as a Mk.2 T9088 would have had a chiseled hull not the more streamline version on the Corgi model and although she could have had a mid upper gun or not (no records kept) I decided to go with one based on the fact it was from an OTU, the markings I had made as a special order hope you like the results.
    Bob O

?

Sad. I had a relative in a Latvian police battalion (no not the one that killed Jews) he was killed somewhere around 1942 1943, another relative of mine though that he was in the rkka, but he later was notified that he was found dead in a haystack. I’m still wondering how he died.Raul

Brining this old thread back up.

Sadly my 1st Cousin passed away recently. However, her daughter and husband kindly contacted me and have sent the original Telegram and CO's letter shown earlier in this thread to me. There are also some letters from Sid sent to his brother. I am going to read these tonight and maybe add them to the thread.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Sorry to hear of your loss Ade.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6