Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My research on the German U-Boats & its bases in Asia (Singapore / Penang / Jakarta / Surabaya)

Article about: Hi everyone, This is my first post in this forum and so I thought it would be best I post something about my research here too. Last year December, I went to Penang, Malaysia to do my resear

Default Re: My research on the German U-Boats & its bases in Asia (Singapore / Penang / Jakarta / Surabaya)

Excellent website! Just read the pdf about the Indonesian declaration of independence being written on a KM typewriter, brilliant stuff

Default Re: My research on the German U-Boats & its bases in Asia (Singapore / Penang / Jakarta / Surabaya)

Thank you Dave Looking forward to it !!

Ibrahim,
    Singapore

Great information. Welcome to the forum.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

A super thread! I cant believe I missed this !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by ibrahim ahmad View Post
    Thank you Dave Looking forward to it !!

Ibrahim,
    Singapore
    Hi mate,
    Here's a link to U862,s actions off the Australian in late 1944.
    German U-Boat attacks off the Australian Coast
    I'll keep looking for a couple of old Navy League mags I have around somewhere which cover most U Boat voyages/actions (the recorded ones that is) off the Australian coast during WW2.

Intersting stuff about U-boat activity in Southeast Asia area...of special note ..item number 13 was written by WRFs own member Wilhelm Saris
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

not totally relevant but a bit of my family history re Singapore, the family home/compoud of my maternal grandmother, the Alsagaff family residence was made the reisdence of a japanese general during the occupation, my mother included still remained on site.
    after the war the japanese bought the house and is the current japanese residence, if you know where i could find info on which general it may have been t

Hi Felipe ,

Please check my website section on Photos >> Singapore . There is a map there with a telephone directory of the major Japanese & German officers.
    Hopefully , it will be of some help to you.

All the best,
    Ibrahim

Quote by Felipe Allard View Post
    not totally relevant but a bit of my family history re Singapore, the family home/compoud of my maternal grandmother, the Alsagaff family residence was made the reisdence of a japanese general during the occupation, my mother included still remained on site.
    after the war the japanese bought the house and is the current japanese residence, if you know where i could find info on which general it may have been t

?

Never knew of these bases in asia. Very interesting!

Good morning everyone,

Just a quick update on my website - The Monsun U-Boats – WW2 German Submarines In Asia, here are something new that I have added –

1. Photo Album and Penang Island documents from a crew member of Uboat U178 , Please see the attachment and this link, pictures courtesy of Hastei @ forum-marinearchiv.de -- https://www.flickr.com/photos/482847...986373299/show

2. An ebook , U843 - Unter Nippons Sonne by Egbert Thomer – A German language book produced in 1959 ,based on the accounts by the surviving members on Monsun Uboat U843, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_submarine_U-843 . To download this book , click here , https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-...ew?usp=sharing

Finally , I would like to wish everyone ,

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year !!
    Frohe Weihnachten und ein gutes neues Jahr !!

Yours,
    Ibrahim
    Singapore.

---------------------------
    Looking for all relevant info & items on WW2 German U-boats in Singapore and Asia for my research.
    The Monsun U-Boats – WW2 German Submarines In Asia

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast