Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

My Trip to Monte Cassino!

Article about: Hi peeps As my relative had fought at Cassino in the 78th Infantry then went on to sadly be killed just before the end of the war. My father and I visited Monte Cassino for 3 nights and 4 da

?

Default My Trip to Monte Cassino!

Hi peeps

As my relative had fought at Cassino in the 78th Infantry then went on to sadly be killed just before the end of the war. My father and I visited Monte Cassino for 3 nights and 4 days with www.cassinobattlefields.co.uk - cassinobattlefields - Home , the tour is run by Frank De Planta who is a well of knowledge on this subject, he even tailors the trip to the people who are on it!

for little money you have a unforgettable trip with brilliant memories and a good understanding of what it took to beat the Germans!

I have uploaded a lot of pics below, one of the most fascinating sites is the Sherman monument left (not available to visit on many tours) and Point 593.

We also visited German, and allied cemetary's , the Hitler line and many other points (ammo/fuel dump locations, Gustav line)

The last two pics are "Then/Now"

Hope you enjoy the pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Trip to Monte Cassino!   My Trip to Monte Cassino!  

My Trip to Monte Cassino!   My Trip to Monte Cassino!  

My Trip to Monte Cassino!  

Jan
    ?

Thank You for sharing these!

Best,

Jan

It was a shame the two large Scorpion sculptures were stolen from the Sherman monument to those fallen Polish tankers of 4 Pułk Pancerny „Skorpion”.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Trip to Monte Cassino!  
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Great pics Gouldy !

I would love to go there one day, such a tough battle was fought by many countries

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

great pictures I'd love to visit the battlefield, has the monastary been completely rebuilt or are there still some ruins left.

?

Yes it has been completely rebuilt and is an amazing place to walk around with great view points

I have not ever visited WWII battlefields in Italy. Very nice pictures!

?

its definitely worth the trip once you get there it isn't overly expensive if you stay away from the tourist spots, I brought back a stone from hill 593 which the Polish fought extremely hard to take, it was also the hill that my relatives unit pinned the Germans down on while the Poles attacked.

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Nice pics lebus !!!