Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

My village in Germany 1945 and 2005

Article about: Weeze, Rheinland, Germany. The first picture was taken by British forces 1945 during the battle for Weeze. The second picture was taken in 2005 during a "War Walk", we are a small

Default Re: My village in Germany 1945 and 2005

Quote by Bill Medland View Post
    There has been a lot of interest about the "War Walk" using Wehrmacht uniforms through the streets of Leipzig in Germany.

Here is the link to the photos on the German language forum where you can see the rest of the pics. Beate and I helped get this forum up and running in its early days, with our friend Sven who lives in our village.
    Therefore when we got someone to make up the banner at the top of the page, you will see Adrian Stevenson on the left in Russian uniform

Here is the link to the Leipzig pictures......

WK2 Reenactment Forum Deutschland :: Thema anzeigen - Militärhistorischer Marsch vom 05.07.2008
    With the walk in Germany,I imagine the eagle above the breast pocket was omitted or covered? How do they keep the uniforms original?

Bill Medland
    ?

With the walk in Germany,I imagine the eagle above the breast pocket was omitted or covered? How do they keep the uniforms original?
    There are situations where it is allowed to show the eagles etc, although you still need a good case to put before a town hall or police officials.

The German laws written long before the reenactment hobby was born, allow for it under §86 and §86a, as film and photo work. Think about it, how were they allowed to fly those flags and wear those uniforms making the Stauffenburg (Tom Cruise) film in Berlin last year?

I do not wish to go into too many details because we have announced events and ideas in the past which have been cancelled because the "wrong people" have read about it on forums beforehand..... enough said

Cheers, Bill.

That's very sad, Bill.

“The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists.” - Winston Churchill

Bill Medland
    ?

Quote by Nifartachi View Post
    That's very sad, Bill.

“The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists.” - Winston Churchill
    I am not going to let a few mis-informed blinkered political correct morons
    get me down or spoil an otherwise fine hobby.... so lets move on.

The sun was shining into the camera, so the background was wiped out,
    shame because both pictures were taken on the same spot.

Both taken in February..... 60 years apart.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My village in Germany 1945 and 2005   My village in Germany 1945 and 2005  

Bill Medland
    ?

Another two pictures from operation Veritable, although taken from
    different angles, the fountain is clearly seen in both the then and now pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My village in Germany 1945 and 2005   My village in Germany 1945 and 2005  

Bill Medland
    ?

Interesting what one can find wandering through the German countryside.
    We found a barrel of a Panther tank being used as a gate post.
    We also found a 1945 British assault boat resting in a farm yard (see picture).
    Imagine our delight to find an genuine British Post Office phone box in Germany.

Cheers, Bill.

Kieron Hill
    ?

These are fantastic...very nicely done

Quote by Bill Medland View Post
    There are situations where it is allowed to show the eagles etc, although you still need a good case to put before a town hall or police officials.

The German laws written long before the reenactment hobby was born, allow for it under §86 and §86a, as film and photo work. Think about it, how were they allowed to fly those flags and wear those uniforms making the Stauffenburg (Tom Cruise) film in Berlin last year?

I do not wish to go into too many details because we have announced events and ideas in the past which have been cancelled because the "wrong people" have read about it on forums beforehand..... enough said

Cheers, Bill.
    Loose lips sink ships as they say. My best wishes!! And keep up the good photo's! It looks to be one heck of a good time and comradeship to boot!

?

yes excellent and much appreciated..

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Well done Bill for putting in a lot of effort to achieve these great pics!

Cheers, Ade.

Bill, I used to live in Kleve. My dad was RAF out of Uedem. You still do these trips? I would love to tag along sometime. I actually look for MIAs and am now stationed near Geilenkirchen. Danny

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2