MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My visit in Narvik, Norway.

Article about: So, I just came back from 5 days in Narvik, Nordland Fylke in Norway. Living in Sweden I have always had a big interest for world war 2 history in Scandinavia. A few years back I used to col

Default Re: My visit in Narvik, Norway.

Great thread and great pictures - the 'snow camo' SMLE looks very interesting

Excellent pictures!! Great to see images of this remote part of Norway. The then & now's are really well done

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks for your kind words everyone It was surely an interesting place to go and I hope to be able to go back one day and finish my photo project! Still have about 100 photos in my book "Narvik im bild" that I need to find around Narvik....

?

Super thread! Excellent pictures and cant wait for more!! I have been in Narvik when I was younger, but havent seen all the things u have Im born in Tromsø not so far from Narvik. Have u seen the Adolf cannon near Harstad? Its worth a look! Forsiden - Vågsfjord Krigshistorie

Interesting thread

Thought I would post this book:

The Fight for Narvik. Impressions of the Polish campaign in Norway. by Karol Zbyszewski and illustrated with scraperboard style drawings by Jozef Natanson. It was published by Lindsay Drummond of London in 1940. A limited edition book that came with a dust-jacket (which my book is missing). A few example pages attached

There was also another book Polish troops in Norway: a photographic record of the campaign at Narvik
    Published for the Polish Ministry of Information by M. I. Kolin, London, 1943.

... and French account of the Narvik campaign, With the Foreign Legion at Narvik ( La Légion Etrangère a Narvik) by Pierre Oliver Lapie published by J. Murray, 1941. Translated By Anthony Merryn, Foreword By Major P.C.Wren. In April 1940, Pierre Oliver Lapi served in the French-Polish expeditionary corps sent to Norway to resist the German invasion forces. Lapi participated in the Battle of Narvik and was awarded the Norwegian War Cross with swords.
    Last edited by StefanM; 01-07-2013 at 04:05 PM.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

A gret thread i enjoyed the photos and writings very much!

Some great before and after shots, walked around Narvik and dived afew of the wrecks up there.
    Its a beautiful spot and would lovee to go back some day

enjoyed it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3