MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Nazi Occupation of Krakow museum

Article about: Just spent some time in Krakow and Auschwitz Also visited this excellent museum in the Oskar Schindler Enamel Factory, 4 Lipowa street Well worth a visit if you are in Krakow Nick

Default Nazi Occupation of Krakow museum

Just spent some time in Krakow and Auschwitz

Also visited this excellent museum in the Oskar Schindler Enamel Factory, 4 Lipowa street

Well worth a visit if you are in Krakow

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Occupation of Krakow museum   Nazi Occupation of Krakow museum  

Nazi Occupation of Krakow museum   Nazi Occupation of Krakow museum  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

thanks for pics Nick.

Nice to visit these places. Very emotional. Look at that floor tile. Bob

?

That is a SPECTACULAR Museum!

Somewhere I have a photo - and will share later . . . but did you happen to notice the only known surviving section of this monument, on display just after you turn the corner dedicated to telling the tale of the Governor-General, Hans Frank? The story behind the monument - and it's demise during the occupation - was quite fascinating, I thought.

I too thought it was a very impressive Museum - and wound up spending many hours there. Considering the name of the Museum, expected to see more about Schindler - but was so pleasantly surprised to discover it had more than that to offer . . .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Occupation of Krakow museum  

?

I have to say, the visit to Krakow was great - what a wonderful town. After reading up on Hans Frank, discovered he had a "Summer Home" in the countryside - just outside of Krakow. It sits abandoned today . . . but makes for an interesting side-trip. [and although it's fenced-off, it's really not all that difficult to get inside ]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nazi Occupation of Krakow museum