Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Gold Hunt

Article about: Treasure hunters say they are close to finding £50 BILLION Nazi treasure left behind by Adolf Hitler's German forces as they fled Czech town in 1945 at the end of World War Two | Daily Mail

No gold train? No Spitfires ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

"He hopes to crowdfund future digs at the site which will need substantial amounts of money for plant and equipment."

I smell fraud in the offing.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Ah yes...the Treasure of Štěchovice...this surfaces every few years or so...now appears they've put some money together and started to dig...if I remember correctly, the last time this was in the news, they had some story of Americans sneaking out a few of the boxes around war's end...and then closing up the entrance to a tunnel/cave complex before they made their way back west...sells papers I guess...

Anyway...Štěchovice is a nice town...and is actually located right next to the former satellite camp of KZ-Floßenbürg, Außenlager Hradischko (Hradištko). The camp was open until as late as April 1945...and held hundreds of male prisoners who were mostly used as a slave labour force detailed to excavate, work on drainage/sewer systems, construction and the like, much of which was related to the massive SS training complex known as Böhmen...but not all...perhaps other sites nearby were also opened up by prisoners from the camp...

Make no mistake, if any of these treasure sites are legit...you can be sure that some manner of camp, be it a concentration camp or one of its satellites, or other site of persecution, was located nearby. Secret tunnels do not dig themselves...and the occupiers were hardly likely to dig either...

Quote by CARL View Post
    if I remember correctly, the last time this was in the news, they had some story of Americans sneaking out a few of the boxes around war's end...
    I saw a docudrama about that incident.. I think it starred Clint Eastwood and Donald Sutherland.

Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head now...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by CARL View Post
    if I remember correctly, the last time this was in the news, they had some story of Americans sneaking out a few of the boxes around war's end...and then closing up the entrance to a tunnel/cave complex before they made their way back west...sells papers I guess...

Make no mistake, if any of these treasure sites are legit...you can be sure that some manner of camp, be it a concentration camp or one of its satellites, or other site of persecution, was located nearby...
    A bunch of papers related to Frank's plans for Bohemia and Moravia were found in those boxes - and were returned to the Czechs, not long afterwards. I recall seeing some very obscure mention of these papers in the museum under S. Cyril and Methodius Cathedral - and that they were brought from the tunnel found at the SS Pioneer school Hradištko. If you do some "Google" work about it, one can find a little more information about the discovery . . . And you might find this interesting, Carl - there are a few of those "one-man shelters" around Štěchovice . . . the kind made in brick - just like that which can be found - almost anywhere the Germans decided to set up camp. I think I even have a photo of one - taken along the rail line, from Prague into Štěchovice. I'll dig through my stuff, and try to post it sometime . . .

?

You mean this guy?????

Dean O
    Canada

New Gold HuntNew Gold Hunt

Quote by CampX View Post
    You mean this guy?????

Dean O
    Canada

New Gold HuntNew Gold Hunt
    R.I.P. Alan Rickman.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

He does look like Rickman... Yippie ki yay mf!.. Wrong movie...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast