MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Now & Then.. Ardennes Iconic Image Journey..

Article about: Many thanks for your time and effort Luckystrike , this is an awesome thread many injoyable times , cheers Raymond

Default Re: Now & Then.. Ardennes Iconic Image Journey..

wow alex that was awesome it is really good story it makes me wonder what did happen to the kubel and all the other vehicles
    tom

wow alex that was awesome it is really good story it makes me wonder what did happen to the kubel and all the other vehicles
    tom

?

nice! any plans of reconquering? ;-)
    best regards, zf41

always looking for:

[FONT="Arial"][B]VW Kübelwagen Typ 82 & BMW R75[/B][/FONT] -->parts,accessories,pictures,postcards etc

everything about the following units:

[FONT="Arial"][B]Art.Rgt. 359/ 359.Inf.Div. + Gren.Rgt. 1126 / 559. Volks-Gren.Div[/B][/FONT].

take a look: www.kuebelwagen.net , always interesting for the vehicle guys ;-)

?

Yes Lucky it needs some time to do this, and I am trying to surround my modern pictures with the historic background mixed sometimes with a fictive story based
    on fathers fairy tales.

Tom, what happened with the vehicles??? In the 1950th Belgium built a big scrapmill in the Meuse/Maas landscape. The americans took the heavy armored vehicles complete to this mill or sawed therm in pieces like the vehicles in La Gleize and or local scrap dealers do this.

Smaller vehicles sometimes were hidden from the local people and later survived in museum, but in the most times german armor was hated in the 1950/60/70 years.

Only few KTs or other tanks were transported to the allied proving grounds.

The KT of LaGleize survived of course of private interrogation of the inhabitants
    of LaGleize and is now the attraction of the Ardennes.

3 Panthers too were left in the villages and some Paks and artillery-pieces survived
    in the ardennen-lux landscape, thats all.

But a Sherman or Halftracks almost stand in each village as symbol of the liberators.

Hey ZF nice to hear something from a Kübel-Profi. Plans to recon???
    Of course, my father had a plan, but transfered it on an 3,5" Disk in his last years and now I am helpless with my new laptop without 3,5" slot

So long

Alex

And those modern photo's were very picturesque. Very squeaky clean streets also! Thanks for the tour. Ron

ardennen
    ?

Hello all, here are some photos of the Northern sector, it is a less know area away from the more well know places, I hope you like it.

First the entrance and beginning of the Rollbahn A, situated just north of the parking in the bend of the road comming from Hollerath.

Just a 20 meters in the entrance stands this monument, a wooden panel and stone, for the 277.Volksgrenadier Division and 99th US ID, the German / Belgian border is a few meters behind it.

The back of the stone facing Belgium,

The Höckerlinie thats runs more or less with the border,

One of the concrete Machine Gun shields looking in one of the fire breaks in the direction of Belgium, that stands allong this line,

Some of the trenches that are running between the bunkers and shields,

Following now the main road back to the south, were one of the small side roads going east crossed the Höckerlinie,

Great photos! Thanks for posting

?

Yes, great shots out of the dark woods where the Drachen hausen.

Alex

excelent thread... i have one question... the "new" photos with the people dress like army... is reacnatmant... (i dont know how to spell)... or airsoft battle?
    thanks

?

Yes its a remembering reenactment with Platzpatronen.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast