Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Now & Then.. Ardennes Iconic Image Journey..

Article about: Many thanks for your time and effort Luckystrike , this is an awesome thread many injoyable times , cheers Raymond

Default Re: Now & Then.. Ardennes Iconic Image Journey..

and finally.....
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Now & Then.. Ardennes Iconic Image Journey..   Now & Then.. Ardennes Iconic Image Journey..  

Now & Then.. Ardennes Iconic Image Journey..   Now & Then.. Ardennes Iconic Image Journey..  

Now & Then.. Ardennes Iconic Image Journey..   Now & Then.. Ardennes Iconic Image Journey..  

Brilliant thread Lucky!!!, Just love that pic of the Wirbelwind, somethings sure got their attention...

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Dont tell me that was the last part

It has been fantastic Luckystrike

Many thanks
    Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Jonesy (Mark)... Normandy doesn't have to cost too much.. but its always worth saving for the relics to be bought whilst there.. I take the car Portsmouth to Le Harve on LD lines very reasonable price then usually camp.. I know a great campsite as a base in the middle of the WW2 action and it doesn't cost too much, very nice May through to Sept...
    You're right about the type of Panzer, Number 222 and the one at La Gleize are both Tiger IIs. but it's not the same one. 222 was knocked out about 20km short of La Gleize and no doubt cut up by the scrap men after the war.

Big Ned thanks for your comments, I always think wouldn't it be great to see a wirbelwind in the flesh, I wonder how many left and whether any have been restored to working order.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Hi Wolfspear...
    Yes thats the end, No doubt had Peiper managed to battle a little further West then I'm sure I would have followed his route to capture a few more comparison pictures and posts ....
    But preparing this thread I found several pictures that I didn't match this time... So me thinks.. that's for next time always worth another trip, thats my excuse...
    LUCKYSTRIKE

All of it,most enjoyable. Thank you!

Jonesy
    ?

I'm new on this site and I am so so glad I found it, this thread has been superb, excellent then and now photos and brilliant back story and explanations, Luckystrike, thank you and well done.

Mark

Outstanding ! !

Great work Luckystrike !

It would be a thrill to stand or walk through some of those spots !

I cannot say enough. Excellent job Lucky

Your dedication is beyond that can be expressed by me at this time.

rgds, Ty

Apologies if this site has already been featured on here but it does complement Lucystrike's research perfectly. If you haven't already seen it I seriously recommend navigating through Tigers in the Ardennes.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast