Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Now & Then.. Ardennes Iconic Image Journey..

Article about: Many thanks for your time and effort Luckystrike , this is an awesome thread many injoyable times , cheers Raymond

Default Re: Now & Then.. Ardennes Iconic Image Journey..

Many thanks for your time and effort Luckystrike , this is an awesome thread many injoyable times , cheers Raymond

Thanks for the great pictures luckystrike. Hope to see a different location. You have a good eye for this.

hey Luckystrike,what is your REAL work?Your study is wonderful!You're a real professional.Congratulations!

Hi Guys,
    Thanks for all your kind comments, I'm lucky to have an understanding wife she allows me to go away annually to visit the different sites/battlefields usually Normandy or the Ardennes for ease of travel.
    Before I go I always pack a small library of books on the local WW2 history and maps (usually end up buying a few while away as well). In the evenings I study the books ploting the locations of actions on the maps and work out the next days visits, taking in a few sites and perhaps a museum visit and/or battlefield walk. I've Been doing this for a few years now and I love it. (You may have seen some of my previous Then and Now Normandy threads). You're probably the same but I'm never happier than when I'm wandering around the WW2 bygone battle sites.
    But it is only a hobby for me, perhaps if I'm honest a little more than that I don't mind saying I probably live and breath it. But thinking about this hobby there are so many different facets to keep the interest fresh, reading all the books and first hand accounts, the research, visiting sites, museums, meeting veterans, photography, battlefield archeology, finding battlefield relics, the cleaning, presevation and the displaying of finds, visiting millitaria shows, collecting relics, meeting fellow enthusiasts etc and there's also this superb forum which covers everything, what more could we want? In fact now I don't know what I did before I found this forum!
    I used to be a Civil Servant UK (24 years) but it's been down sizing for a while, the usual story my office was closed and I'm not now working. But it gives me a lot more time for the hobby .
    Cheers,
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Jump5Zero
    ?

Hey LUCKYSTRIKE,
    2 more pictures for your collection,
    from my hometown Rocherath-Krinkelt
    Jump5Zero
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Now & Then.. Ardennes Iconic Image Journey..   Now & Then.. Ardennes Iconic Image Journey..  

Something I like to do with then and now pictures.I hope you don't mind.I see a few more that might be workable.

Outstanding thread LUCKYSTRIKE !! much appreciate the time and effort to put together, well done.

Visited these area's of the Ardennes a few years ago, and brought back some memories.

Hi Jump5Zero thank you so much for posting your pictures that's a lovely match I've not seen that image before or I would have matched ittoo. Surperb thanks for taking the time to post it. I'm jealous of you for living where you do, so much history on your doorstep.
    Rudeerude I had to look twice at your fantastic picture that's great the way you merged them together, top marks. Be my guest if you'd like to have a go at any others I'd like to see them.
    Stalingrad thanks for your comments.
    Best Wishes.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Outstanding thread

The sign post in Kaiserbaracke,modern day progress.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast