Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oradour sur Glane

Article about: In Germany, a man of 88 years was charged with murder and conspiracy to murder in the massacre of Oradour-sur-Glane in France, during which 642 people were killed in June 1944. History somet

I am not sure trying an 88 year old man for a crime he may have committed 70 years ago at the age of 19 is possible. I guess we will see...if it is possible.

All wars have atrocities on all sides. Let's keep this thread on track or it will be closed.

This is the Person that was responsible for this horrendous crime Adolf Diekmann .

Diekmann was a very close friend of RKT SS Sturmbannfuhrer Helmut Kampfe commander of III (Gep ) DF whose kidnap by the resistance set in motion the events that led to the Oradour tragedy , Diekmann was Killed in Normandy whilst deliberately exposing himself to MG and Mortar fire and as far as i can recall the Obersturmfuhrer commanding 3 Kompanie was either Killed or severly wounded in Normandy and could not be traced post war !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12