Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Oradour sur Glane

Article about: In Germany, a man of 88 years was charged with murder and conspiracy to murder in the massacre of Oradour-sur-Glane in France, during which 642 people were killed in June 1944. History somet

Default Oradour sur Glane

In Germany, a man of 88 years was charged with murder and conspiracy to murder in the massacre of Oradour-sur-Glane in France, during which 642 people were killed in June 1944.

History sometimes catches some of its authors in later years. 70 years after the fact, an octogenarian was charged with murder and conspiracy to murder in the massacre of Oradour-sur-Glane in France, said Wednesday the floor of Cologne (West Germany). 642 people were killed during the massacre in June 1944.

The octogenarian is accused of having personally killed 25 people and being "complicit in the murder of several hundred" in other abuses by the SS in the small town of Limousin (center of France) during World War II World, said the court of Cologne in a statemen

?

A link to the BBC article addressing the matter:

BBC News - German man charged over WW2 Oradour massacre in France

?

In recent times, a German investigation was opened into the massacre. Below, another BBC link - from early last year, regarding the matter:

BBC News - Germany inquiry into Oradour wartime massacre in France

I saw somewhere it was possible to find him with Stasi documents.

?

It is good to see a butcher brought to justice.

A terrible event which to this day, no one from the Das Reich Division has ever been held accountable. The officer who ordered the massacre was KIA in Normandy a couple of weeks after this event. It is good to see that even after all of these years, the victims have not been forgotten.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

If my memory is serving correctly, I believe there was a trial held in the 1960s, Bob (I'd have to look up all the details), but I do know that the accused included members of the DasReich, many men from the Alsace/Elsass region among them...
    There was a public outcry in France that the men from Alsace had been forced to participate, and they were freed...But the German enlisted man was sentenced to (I believe) 8 years in prison . I saw his interview on Youtube on one of the Waffen SS documentaries...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Glenn is correct trials were held against a number of former members of 3 /DF the Kompanie that was involved in the Oradour massacre.

Many of 3/ DF were from the Alsace and were French by birth which caused the French enormous problems with the prosecutions many of the members of that Kompanie who were involved were Killed in Normandy including the Commander of I /DF SS Sturmbannfuhrer Adolf Diekmann who was in overall command at Oradour.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Default Oradour

Not only many men of der Führer were from Alsace, but olso 53 persons out of 2 little villages in Alsace living now in Exil in Oradour s. Glane were killed.

And the process against the Führer-members was in 1953.

1962 were only Statements of Lammerding and Kahn.

The astonishing thing for me is the fact that the government of France onc more
    prolonged the blocking-period of the papers concerning Oradour.

Is there something to hide concerning the role of the partisans around Limoge/Tulle/Oradour???

Salut
    Last edited by WeyAx; 01-15-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast