Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Oradour-sur-Glane

Article about: I've visited Oradour twice and it is a really very moving place, walking through its quiet streets with the tram track still in place always gets to me, seeing the Doctors car in the square

Default Oradour-sur-Glane

Today marks the 67th anniversary of the appalling massacre at Oradour-sur-Glane, France.

Members of the Der Führer Regiment of the 2nd Waffen-SS Panzer Division, marched into the little town, and slaughtered 642 men, women and children. Full details of the event can be read on the Oradour website, which tells of that fateful day in graphic detail. Oradour-sur-Glane 10 June 1944

The town today, remains exactly the same as it did on Saturday 10th June, 1944, as a lasting reminder of the of appalling events carried out.

We will never forget.

Default Re: Oradour-sur-Glane

Thank you Johnny to remind us this awful moment..It was just the beginning of a "massacre road" for this ss division as they were trying to reach the Normandie front.
    I have rarely seen such horrible and graphic pics than the ones of the tortured bodies of the children and women killed there by this "so brave" soldiers....

?

Thanks for posting the link Johnny. I have to admit being guilty of not remembering the date of this horrific event.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

A good "then and now" link...that illustrates what i was talking about...

LES PHOTOS D'ORADOUR SUR GLANE.(choc pour certaines photos)

Been there, very impressive. Anybody read "Web of Gold" about the matter?

Here's a linky where you don't need to register to view it, in English too.

Oradour-sur-Glane 10 June 1944

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It gives me goosebumps whenever I read about this atrocity!

RIP Oradour - Sur- Glane !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I have always wanted to visit the remains of the town, but I have heard that it is very hard to gain permission. I would love to just walk down a street there, soak up the vibe.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I have always wanted to visit the remains of the town, but I have heard that it is very hard to gain permission. I would love to just walk down a street there, soak up the vibe.
    Hi mate. The town is open to visitors. It's a museum within itself.

Really? I always thought that you weren't allowed to actually go through the old village itself. I need to put that on my bucket list.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast