Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Österreichische Schwarze Kreuz

Article about: Since its foundation in 1919, ÖSK has been involved in the protection, maintenance and construction of tombs for civilian victims of bombing and political persecution, refugees and soldiers.

?

Default Österreichische Schwarze Kreuz

Since its foundation in 1919, ÖSK has been involved in the protection, maintenance and construction of tombs for civilian victims of bombing and political persecution, refugees and soldiers. It does not matter the nationality of the persons concerned. ÖSK also helps in finding the grave sites of war victims, exhuming, identifying and transporting the dead or war dead to its homeland and organizing trips to war graves abroad. ÖSK attaches great importance to youth work. For example, international youth camps are repeatedly organized in Austria, Italy, Croatia, Germany or Russia, where young people help in the rehabilitation of military cemeteries. The financial cost of caring for approximately 241,000 graves is almost entirely covered by donations, member and community funds.

Österreichische Schwarze KreuzÖsterreichische Schwarze Kreuz

Thanks for presenting an award of a kind not often seen here. It's the Großes Ehrenkreuz des ÖSK [Grand Cross of Honor of the ÖSK].

The ÖSK is the Austrian equivalent of the better-known Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgräberfürsorge in Germany and was even founded the same year.

I've shown it before, but allow me to add this piece: A ribbon bar from an Austrian WW2 veteran and ÖKB and ÖSK member.
    In the third row are three decorations of the ÖSK: The first of those is the Goldenes Ehrenzeichen für Verdienste um das ÖSK [Golden Decoration for Merit in the Interest of the ÖSK] and the second one the Ehrenkreuz des ÖSK [Cross of Honor of the ÖSK]. I can't ID the third one.

Österreichische Schwarze Kreuz

?

I also tried to look for your third example and unfortunately no result. I drew the info from: http: //www.ordenskunde.info/dtSchwarzesKreuz.htm
    nowhere else have I found a better description.