Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

Article about: by Larry C Amazing stuff Ade!! ... How many enigma machines were there? Regards Larry Hi Larry, I only saw the one there if I remember correctly. Bletchley Park has several on display there.

Default Re: Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

It's almost beyond imagination to picture going off to war in such a submarine-but these guys Did it...No one can ever question their courage.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Default Re: Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

A few item pertaining to the Luftwaffe aircrews.

Hi William, I know what you mean, the sub was tiny. Glad you liked the other pics.

OK, work beckons...

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

This is a fantastic thread Ade, really interesting. I really do envy you blokes that live in the UK and Europe, all of these places are right there on your doorstep. Thanks for giving us colonials a glimpse of what we can see when we finally get there ourselves.

Great pictures there Ade looks like you had a wonderful time, I really like the Luftwaffe air crew pictures.

?

I just started making a model of the seehund

?

What a wonderful museum , the Dresden Bundeswehr Museum , definately worth a visit !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Love the baton insignia on Goring's coat Ade. Indeed, he was a tad flash, but that is just beautiful. Thanks again for sharing these wonderful images from your trip.

Regards,

Carl

?

Cheers Ade for sharing, I loved the first few pictures of the local area.. & the Ritters....Thanks very interesting Cheers Terry.

Quote by AmericanKraut View Post
    Great pictures there Ade looks like you had a wonderful time, I really like the Luftwaffe air crew pictures.
    Thanks Mo. I should add that is the other half of the case, there was an RAF display to mirror the German kit shown. But I did not take a pic.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. The museum is superb.

More to come later tonight.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Heer Grenadier, circa 1944. Note the MP44 ammo pouches.

Now personally, I would have gone with a later pattern tunic and not used the gas cape pouch.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast