Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

Article about: by Larry C Amazing stuff Ade!! ... How many enigma machines were there? Regards Larry Hi Larry, I only saw the one there if I remember correctly. Bletchley Park has several on display there.

Default Re: Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

Some of the bigger stuff.

Stoewer Leichter Einheits-Personenkraftwagen, Kettenkrad, Panje sled, 88mm Raketenwerfer 43 "Püppchen".

Now here is actually a little gripe: these are on display in the main building.

Outdoors there is also a good selction of Bundeswehr and former NVA armoured vehicles, the oldest being a T34/85, sadly no pics of these as the camera batteries had died.

However, there are several outbuildings FULL of wartime vehicles, guns, mortars etc, three deep. The problem is, these building are only open on certain days.... So we stood on tip toes trying to look through the windows.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

ian
    ?

Default Re: Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

the so secret man was eary neave
    OK i know my speling is bad

he came to us on many ocasionse
    we learned so much from the man who was the top dog of MI9
    OK mabe again ,,IAN has had a drink
    so is it ,realy that bad

cheers from oh ok bagdad

Remains of an armoured car
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Some really rare bits of gear , love the 75mm Infanterie Geschutz , great condition !
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thanks Paul, I actually forgot to caption that one!

Un captioned by the museum. But a Stalhelm modified for post war use.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

thanks ade enjoyed the whole lot,marvellous

A bit more to come Harry Thanks.

I know I like to see museums, especially those that are far afield and I might never get to see in person.

The museum has some excellent displays devoted to July 20th 1944 OP Valkyrie and the German resistance movement.

The museum sits on roads named after Hans Oster and Klaus Von Stauffenberg. There was even some of the uniforms used in the recent movie. These were actually interesting to see up close. They were preety good, just the way the shoulder boards fitted was a bit poor. Sorry no pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Apologies now, my memory is failing me on these. I never make notes.....But they all belonged to members of the 20th July conspiracy.

Just look at the quality of the tailoring on the Generals mantel Maybe Oster or Beck's....

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast