Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

Article about: by Larry C Amazing stuff Ade!! ... How many enigma machines were there? Regards Larry Hi Larry, I only saw the one there if I remember correctly. Bletchley Park has several on display there.

Default Re: Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

EKI and Lt's shoulder board from Inf Regt 9. Again 20th July related.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.

Sorry for these truly lousy pics of such a rare award, but the glass was angled and made pic taking a real bugger! I tried but failed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Named Officers riding boots.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Some displays all devoted to 1939. Go to love the eagle from the ship.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Time and camera batteries dictated I really had to neglect this aspect of the museum. This was a real shame, so you will have to trust me on sheer quality of the original artwork on display, from 19th century stuff through to the Third Reich and beyond. We are talking sweeping staircases lined with huge oil portraits....

There was one example (19thCentury) which Soviet soldiers had bayonetted and slashed as it represented to them "German Militarism".

I took this single pic as I though it well represented Third Reich art. RKT Major Wilhelm- Ferdinand Galland .

Forgot to add these earlier!

Hans Oster's medal group and Auweiss'

Note who signed them.

The museum also covers the lead up the war and the rise of the Nazis.

SA daggers, ground Rohm SA dagger, etc.

The LAH bronze greatcoated figure was stunning.

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.   Our recent trip to Germany: Colditz, Torgau, Dresden Bundeswehr museum, etc.  

That's all for tonight!

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade love the wound badge, I would love to see one of these close up like that...amazing...I need to get my butt over there sometime!!! Thanks for taking time out to post this thread very interesting ... Cheers Terry

Thanks Terry. It is well worth seeing in person.

A quick update again over breakfast.

V2 Rocket, hard to photo due the way it is displayed in the building and a trench art schnaps set made in the Volkov pocket.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast