Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pearl harbor 2014

Article about: just thought i would show some photos of the trip to hawaii last week. some of the image are from pearl harbor and the aviation museum, ford island. and images on the Missouri. and out side

Tipping in the US is simple....you assume a clueless look, don't tip Anybody...and let them chalk it up to your being a foreigner...lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Brings back memories of when I went to Pearl Harbor.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Tipping in the US is simple....you assume a clueless look, don't tip Anybody...and let them chalk it up to your being a foreigner...lol
    yea we did think people would let us get away with that one. but got to be fair. wasent bad. just dont with anything over here. but one of the hotels restaurants was asking up to 18 to 20 %.

I royally cheesed off a Chicago cab driver once who gave me a lift from the airport years ago. He had to stop Twice, as he'd actually gotten Lost, and had to call for directions-the whole time with the Meter still running. When we finally Did arrive, he had gall enough to Demand a tip-telling me that they make their Money from tips! I told him when he got lost the Second time, his Tip got lost with it. He began kicking a fuss right there on the street so I simply laughed and told him to "F off!" and left him standing there sputtering....lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I royally cheesed off a Chicago cab driver once who gave me a lift from the airport years ago. He had to stop Twice, as he'd actually gotten Lost, and had to call for directions-the whole time with the Meter still running. When we finally Did arrive, he had gall enough to Demand a tip-telling me that they make their Money from tips! I told him when he got lost the Second time, his Tip got lost with it. He began kicking a fuss right there on the street so I simply laughed and told him to "F off!" and left him standing there sputtering....lol
    Well thats what we were thinking if you are not happy with the service dont tip thats what we thought. but did not come across that luckly. The misses if off to Canada today for work, is it the same too ?

?

Quote by geelong View Post
    Well thats what we were thinking if you are not happy with the service dont tip thats what we thought. but did not come across that luckly. The misses if off to Canada today for work, is it the same too ?
    Same here too,everybody has their hand out......Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Same here too,everybody has their hand out......Pete.
    ok thanks pete i will give her the heads up.

I hope you don't mind me adding to this little thread hijack when i visit Berlin tipping is expected in bars and cafes etc, i don't mind at all because the service is always superb. A few years ago we went with friends to a pub we always visit and my mate thought the bar staff were pushy, because when our glasses were nearly empty the staff asked us if we needed a refill, i don't know about pushy as in my eyes they were damned good, it depresses me when we return to the UK where 99% of the time it's service with a scowl!....

?

I have been to the US Army Museum in Honolulu myself and to Pearl Harbor. This sure brought back some memories, at least one of us were smart enough to bring the camera to Pearl Harbor, lol. Great images!

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I hope you don't mind me adding to this little thread hijack when i visit Berlin tipping is expected in bars and cafes etc, i don't mind at all because the service is always superb. A few years ago we went with friends to a pub we always visit and my mate thought the bar staff were pushy, because when our glasses were nearly empty the staff asked us if we needed a refill, i don't know about pushy as in my eyes they were damned good, it depresses me when we return to the UK where 99% of the time it's service with a scowl!....
    its good to I think when the bar staff are on to it, but can get a bit messy. ha ha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast