Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Pile of Helmets & MIG jet seen in Iraq

Article about: Thought I would post these, not WWII but found them interesting. The mound of helmets were at the "Crossed Swords" in Baghdad. The base of all 4 swords were made from Iranian helme

Talking Pile of Helmets & MIG jet seen in Iraq

Thought I would post these, not WWII but found them interesting. The mound of helmets were at the "Crossed Swords" in Baghdad. The base of all 4 swords were made from Iranian helmets taken in the Iran-Iraq war (I think its shown in one of the pics), also an abandoned Mig (I think) just laying out in a field. I managed to get a few of the helmets home. I have many more pics if anyone is interested. John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pile of Helmets & MIG jet seen in Iraq   Pile of Helmets & MIG jet seen in Iraq  

Pile of Helmets & MIG jet seen in Iraq   Pile of Helmets & MIG jet seen in Iraq  

Pile of Helmets & MIG jet seen in Iraq  

Default Re: Pile of Helmets & Mig

Very nice pictures!!

Wouldn't mind having a couple of those helmets

Nice find! Ya i see them at the base of one of the hands. I wonder if they were using these as an anchor to hold up the hand/sword :0

They weren't used as THE base but were embedded into the cement around the base, the pile I showed were the left overs and left in a field next to the swords. A variety of helmets Russian, American and many what I call WWI Tommy helmets, also many that I have NEVER seen before.

The MiG is actually a SU-7 or -11. But great pics nonetheless.

Spaceman, any ideas on these two. Thanks, John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pile of Helmets & MIG jet seen in Iraq  

Quote by johnhmcgary View Post
    Spaceman, any ideas on these two. Thanks, John
    The jet does look like a very early MiG-21. The prop job I ill have to look up. I think it is a trainer which I can picture in my mind but can't name at the moment.

rebelone107
    ?

Default Re: Pile of Helmets & MIG jet seen in Iraq

The helmits at the swords is symbolic and showing of the war with iran ,those helmits and many others were melted down to make the swords and displays we were there in 2004,camp cropper,i have one of those helmits and its dated for the iran soldiers