Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

post war Film or WW II ??

Article about: Hello, what do you think of these small pictures from a film, PZ faust are very long! *

Default post war Film or WW II ??

Hello, what do you think of these small pictures from a film, PZ faust are very long!

Launch tubes are too long and thin and the men look too much like made up actors-the cinematography looks like a movie still rather than period filming of an actual event IMO.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Launch tubes are too long and thin and the men look too much like made up actors-the cinematography looks like a movie still rather than period filming of an actual event IMO.
    "We're ready for your close up now Mr. Stevenson....."

post war Film or WW II  ??
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

OK, but which film ? I don't know it, do you know the statues on the second picture ? Behind the pzfaust

I thought it was Walker and Fraser from Dads Army at the back

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Unknown in France !!!

Thanks to the wonders of Google's reverse image search thingy, I can tell you that the photos from the first post are stills from a Soviet TV miniseries called Seventeen Moments of Spring [Семнадцать мгновений весны].

Have a look here:

Seventeen Moments of Spring - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

Waaaouhhh , Wonderful, many thanks !
    Cheers,
    Michel

I saw Lions on the first picture, Venise Lions for Berlin!

According to IMDB it was filmed in Moscow and Riga, Wikipedia says scenes were also shot in Berlin, east Berlin i would imagine!....