Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A relatives resting place

Article about: 26 November 1944 a horrific air battle claimed my cousin on this date flying an Fw 190A-9 while serving in 5./JG 301, something I have been researching for over 20 some odd years, with a fut

Default A relatives resting place

26 November 1944

a horrific air battle claimed my cousin on this date flying an Fw 190A-9 while serving in 5./JG 301, something I have been researching for over 20 some odd years, with a future publication in the works

from the old oak cross to something new provided by the local towns folk of Holtensen, plus a small article written up on the event.

E ~
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A relatives resting place   A relatives resting place  

A relatives resting place  

?

Default Re: A relatives resting place

I saw the pics 30 minutes after they were posted,now they are gone???
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

intersting what is up with that ? will wait an hour to see if they just do their magic again and if not will repost

just to add what I had left on the first posting another member of my cousins JG 301 whom fell on the same date, this at Wunstorf. Jg 301 overall was massacred with some 50 pilots KIA and wounded, MIA
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A relatives resting place  

Phil it will be in my future volume(s) on the Jagdgeschwader, I have over 25 years research put into this and the battle that my cousin fell in. The end ruslt as I said about 50 LW crews out of action, the US 445th bomb group who was second in line on the mission of the US 2nd Air Division lost 5 B-24's while the B-24 unit trailing them the 491st bomb group lost 21 B-24's to JG 301 in rear and side assaults. "Angriff über Misburg". Literally the US 8th Air Force bomber divisions were ordered to take out this multi-faceted Oil refinery on the date.

back in a few moments......... with repeat of the photos previously lost to cyber space

lets try this again with a before an after pic(s). The second was sent by a representative of the town of Holtensen who wanted to display a rather large article in the case of my cousin whose Fw 190A was found buried deep in a neighboring field to the Northwest near Wülfinghausen. My cousins remains were not removed from the crashed aircraft until sometime in 1946. Eye-witnesses were from a small LW 2-cm Fla batterie dug in close to the scene of the crash area.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A relatives resting place   A relatives resting place  

This is the final resting place for one of my relatives..................in Normandy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A relatives resting place  

as I had mentioned my cousins JG 301 unit attacked the 491st bomb group enmasse, here is an account from the offiical 491st bg web-site covering the execution near Misburg.........

Ringmasters-Part 4

and a version of a crewmens perspective from the neighboring 445th bg:

http://www.445th-bomb-group.com/Mise...er_Misburg.pdf

Thumbs up Re: A relatives resting place

Thank you for shareing your story and for the links.