Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Remnants of the Past...

Article about: Hello Friends, My mother & family are from the German town of Lampertheim/Hessen, where I also attended the schools until the 8th Grade... Having caught the Militaria-Collecting Bug at t

Default Remnants of the Past...

Hello Friends,
    My mother & family are from the German town of Lampertheim/Hessen, where I also attended the schools until the 8th Grade...
    Having caught the Militaria-Collecting Bug at the early age of Eight, I always kept a sharp lookout for remnants of the past...Here are just a few before/after photos of various sites around town...
    My Grandmother lived about 3 streets away from the Cathedral, and was sitting on her bed the night it was bombed and collapsed--She said she never went to the cellar during air-raid alarms before-- the ground shook so violently that she actually thought her own house had been hit...After that night she always went to the cellar, lol...
    The large Black Eagle is one of several at the local Sport's Stadium. The Swastikas have been replaced with the town's coat of arms...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Remnants of the Past...   Remnants of the Past...  

Remnants of the Past...   Remnants of the Past...  

thanks Glenn,have you any more pics.

Great photos Glenn!...

?

Nice to see buddy.

This is my Oma, Wilhelmine Haas in her BdM Kletterjacke...Photo was taken in '37-'38 when she was 12-13 years old...In 1944 she married Unteroffizier Hans Ritter, my Grandfather...Today, they rest in peace together in Lampertheim...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Remnants of the Past...   Remnants of the Past...  

Last edited by bigmacglenn; 09-02-2015 at 12:29 AM.