Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Seelow heights 2010

Article about: Great pictures. Many thanks for sharing. I've gotta go there as well someday. Steve T

Default Re: Seelow heights 2010

Great pictures. Many thanks for sharing. I've gotta go there as well someday.

Steve T

Great picture but let me tell you something people dig i talk with some people hoo dig in the areea but you must very carreful ....police and the low

HVK
    ?

The heights are open to the public and it is great. The whole area is full of signs from the battle, and some of the churches are not yet rebuilt because they are a sort of monument today.

But searching and digging is absolutely "verboten" - due to the many MIA still in the area and the ordonance... Walking an hour in a forest east of Berlin - it is difficult not to find a grenade just by looking....

I was there in 2006 on a US Army trip studying the battle for Berlin. The tour started at Seelow. There was no restriction on movement and there were still visible fighting positions scattered on the high ground. It was visible that people had been digging in some of the positions and some old items were scattered about. In the local town cemetary is a lot of buried German soldiers. I have many photos from the area and could post some photos later if you do not mind me piggy backing off of your thread.

Post away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12