Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Show your Castles, Forts and Fortresses

Article about: by NunoGTI Hi Joe, im very curious about the Fort William Henry, the wood from the walls, is it original? Its fascinating. Cheers Nuno Hi Nuno, The fort is not original, unfortunately. Follo

?

Dunbeg fort, I have been many times. Breathtaking scenery. It's built on a cliff.

Show your Castles, Forts and FortressesShow your Castles, Forts and Fortresses

Fort William Henry and Fort Ticonderoga are north of me:

Fort William Henry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fort Ticonderoga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Show your Castles, Forts and FortressesShow your Castles, Forts and FortressesShow your Castles, Forts and Fortresses

The United States Military Academy at West Point is south of me:

United States Military Academy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If/ when the 1,000 Post Helmet reaches me, I plan to bring it to West Point.

These are castles near my home village in Calabria, Italy (Le Castella is Argonese and Santa Severina is ontop of the plateau):

Today, took the chance of driving around the old the forts of Lisbon Area.
    This is the the Fort of S. Pedro da Poça, was built in 1642 and located in Estoril.
    Later on, converted and used as a night club, is now abandoned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your Castles, Forts and Fortresses   Show your Castles, Forts and Fortresses  

Show your Castles, Forts and Fortresses   Show your Castles, Forts and Fortresses  

Show your Castles, Forts and Fortresses   Show your Castles, Forts and Fortresses  

Located in Caxias, this is the S. Bruno fort, was built in 1647.
    Sadly, is now constantly being vandalized.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your Castles, Forts and Fortresses   Show your Castles, Forts and Fortresses  

This is the Fort of Giribita.
    Located in Oeiras and was built in the XVIII century.
    In 1947 became property of the Navy.
    In the background of the last photo you can the the Fort of S. Bruno.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Fort William Henry and Fort Ticonderoga are north of me:

Fort William Henry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fort Ticonderoga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Show your Castles, Forts and FortressesShow your Castles, Forts and FortressesShow your Castles, Forts and Fortresses

The United States Military Academy at West Point is south of me:

United States Military Academy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If/ when the 1,000 Post Helmet reaches me, I plan to bring it to West Point.

These are castles near my home village in Calabria, Italy (Le Castella is Argonese and Santa Severina is ontop of the plateau):

Hi Joe, im very curious about the Fort William Henry, the wood from the walls, is it original?
    Its fascinating.

Cheers
    Nuno

This is the Fort of S. Jorge Oitavos.
    It was built in 1642 and is located in Guincho.
    1999 its recovery started and in 2001 it was re opened as a museum.
    The uniforms are repros but they give you an idea of the uniform types used in the period.

This is the Fort of Nossa Senhora da Guia, was built in 1642.
    Its located in Guincho and its now used as a Marine Laboratory of the University of Lisbon.

Another located in Guincho, however in ruins.
    I still dont have much information about, but when do i will update.

Default Inveraray Castle: home to the Duke of Argyll

what an excellent thread!! they are all great!!

castles you say?? we have a few and i have been in them all, lets start with Inveraray !

Inveraray Castle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

town also also have a very nice ( not at the time i imagine ) old Jail which opened in 1820

Inveraray Jail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

will wait to see if any other Scottish members add any, Edinburgh for example is a castle / fortress and is a good more stratigraphic placed like some others in this thread

ideal Nuno, i just love this type of History!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast