Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Signs

Article about: When I travel I like to take pics of unusual signs or people violating the rules are the posted signs. #1 Point Du Hoc Normandy- This lady must think that the sign only applies to scottie do

Default Signs

When I travel I like to take pics of unusual signs or people violating the rules are the posted signs.

#1 Point Du Hoc Normandy- This lady must think that the sign only applies to scottie dogs. She was eventually turned around by other tourists. No sooner does she turn the corner to go into the car park a guy comes in with his dog. but stopped dead after about five paces turned around and came back without dog. its great he understood the sign but sad that it took so long to process.

#2 US Cemetery overlooking Omaha Beach- Sign is in English and French, a bus load of French speaking persons came right over and went over or under the rope and started walking around like lost pigeons. My wife and I just stood there and thought it was a prank

#3,4,5- You don't even know how to read to understand there may be danger about. saw at least 5 people get jolted in the trench area a vimy trying to take pictures.

#6-Bishop or pope on rampage- Koln germany

#7 Paris France - I have no idea maybe no stealing children?

Honorable mention as I was unable to take a photo a grown man rubbing the feet of a marble statue in the greek statue section of the louve.

sorry for the sideways pics still trying to figure out how to get them straight.

enjoy

Gen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Signs   Signs  

Signs   Signs  

Signs   Signs  

Signs  

Interesting photos! I think I'd be more than a wee bit miffed if I had relatives buried in the Omaha Beach cemetery full of French tourists. But, there's no accounting for strange rudeness from tourists, I suppose....As for the last sign from Paris...maybe it's prohibiting child molesters? lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I remember seeing a pig on the lich at the cemetery also a duck on a lich and a monkey all were turn back.I remember a Belgium couple who trying to have a picnic in plot b my father just lost it with them and told they not to return.
    Chris

How romantic....a picnic while sitting on dead people....
    William

It is not the worst.
    Chris

True..
    William

Default signs

SignsSignsSignsSignsSignsSignsSignsSignsSignsSignsSignsSignsSignsSignsSignsSignsOne wired incident happened on my way to the ossuary at Verdun, I passed a small area which looked just like the miles and miles of shell holes. It was about 250 meter long. I drove by and then looked back at the road. a few hundred yards up I stopped at the memorial to maginot. I parked and was about to get out to take phots when I said to myself " did I see a bunch of picnic tables in that chewed up area? " I thought I may have lost my mind, didn't get enough sleep causing hallucinations. I went back it turns out this area was a picnic area right near fort souville.
    I am no rocket scientist but I not feek like being blown up. and with 2,000,000 shells having been fired at that area. with my luck im going to hit something with my car and it would be like an IED attack in Afghanistan.

I get out and take a whole bunch of pics. those of you who have seen bombared land know its hard to get pics showing the actual scale of the area.

anyway.
    mt two favorite pics are the one of my car straddling a trench.

I decided to walk up the road to see these ruin as I will probably ever have a chance again.

up near the ruins I see a car on the dirt road. but no one around.
    I start takingpictures ect, came around the side and therewas a couple having relations.
    It was weird

Ah! Nothing quite like dining al fresco over unexploded bombs...
    William

"What a lovely day for a stroll in the countryside dear" Boooooooooom!

Not a sign so to speak but I had to take this shot in RSA!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast