Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Small village museum...Brukrin Ukraine

Article about: Traveling with some friends in Ukraine...small village museum near Bukrin. This museum commemorates the feint crossing of the Dnieper in 1943. All items are recovered from the battlefield. W

Default Small village museum...Brukrin Ukraine

Traveling with some friends in Ukraine...small village museum near Bukrin. This museum commemorates the feint crossing of the Dnieper in 1943. All items are recovered from the battlefield. With the Dnieper dammed up now....most of the actual crossing and original battle sights are under water. There are many original positions that show trenches and battle debris. This area was very popular for digging.

Local villages here...were emptied of all available men. It cost the lives of over 300,000 Soviet men including a paratrooper drop of over 2000 men that all combined to keep German SS units including Wiking from being used at the actual crossing that liberated Kiev.

A large monument that commemorates the feint/holding action of this battle. Traditional Soviet sculpture of heroic poses and action like these are found in every corner of the old Soviet Union. Near here are benches where the old veterans sit together to commemorate the war. There are not many young people left in these rural areas as most try to get to the city. Near here is the city of Kanev where the most famous Ukrainian writer Shevshenko has a monument over looking the Dnieper.

The car is a 1978 Volga sedan. It was a rugged car...and the roads matched it in this part of the world.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Small village museum...Brukrin Ukraine   Small village museum...Brukrin Ukraine  

Small village museum...Brukrin Ukraine   Small village museum...Brukrin Ukraine  

Small village museum...Brukrin Ukraine  

?

Very Cool trip and tour, thanks for sharing.
    Regards,
    John

?

I like looking at the sculpture. If I had been built as well as those guys when I was young I would have gotten laid a whole lot more.

Love the car with the red interior !

Again thanks for the pics. I always like to see museums I have never even heard of. They have some nice kit on display, especially the Soviet flame thrower.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

great!!!thanks for sharing it

I love that Volga, don' see those anymore here....

?

Great post and photos , nice to see you are stiil Pathfinding on the Russian Battlefields !! I'm with Ade the Trench Flamethrower is a superb find
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Great photos and thanks for sharing!...