Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Something different for those in or visting London

Article about: A new tour was launched using WW2 era buses in London touring sites of interest in London. Split into a morning and afternoon tour, it is something different from the usual sights covered by

Default Something different for those in or visting London

A new tour was launched using WW2 era buses in London touring sites of interest in London. Split into a morning and afternoon tour, it is something different from the usual sights covered by the regular tours.

I will confess to being involved with a chunk of the research but thought it may be of interest to some on here.

Home - Wartime London Tour - Ensignbus & Evan Evans

Cheers
    Steve

Default Re: Something different for those in or visting London

Looks like a must Steve

I know what I will be doing now on my next visit

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Looks interesting, My Grandmother was a clippy working on the London buses during WW2 to free men up for the forces.

Glad to see those old buses are still around, I lived in Hendon in the 60's and those buses were still in service then, but were begining to be replaced by "Routemasters" if my memory is correct. I think a trip to Hendon aerodrome would be a worthwhile addition to the tour. My Grandmother worked at the "rawlplug" plant just outside RAF Hendons main gate, i was told they made ammunition there during the war, dont know if its true or not, she went home one night to discover half her house was gone, Germans missed Hendon but got her house on Sturgess ave.

It's nice to see you managed to get the old girl up and running again Steve!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Something different for those in or visting London  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Looks more like ilegal parking to me,,,

Quote by big ned View Post
    It's nice to see you managed to get the old girl up and running again Steve!
    LMAO...where do you come up with this stuff, Ned? This must be what you do late at night when no one else is around.