Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

St Lambert Battle Normandy VC awarded. Then and Now.

Article about: It has all been said before me, so I echo the rest of the troops, what an amazing amount of research and a visual treat to see the 'then & now' images brought to life like this. Great st

Default St Lambert Battle Normandy VC awarded. Then and Now.

Normally I write quite a detailed account to go with the pictures I post. But this time I have placed the description on each picture individually I have shown the pictures in chronological order as the battle unfolded and the Canadians advanced into the village. Maj David Currie was awarded the VC for command of this action lasting several days.
    Finally at the end I have placed a dedication to a subject I still find sad in this day and age.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture St Lambert Battle Normandy VC awarded. Then and Now.   St Lambert Battle Normandy VC awarded. Then and Now.  

St Lambert Battle Normandy VC awarded. Then and Now.   St Lambert Battle Normandy VC awarded. Then and Now.  

St Lambert Battle Normandy VC awarded. Then and Now.   St Lambert Battle Normandy VC awarded. Then and Now.  

St Lambert Battle Normandy VC awarded. Then and Now.  

Default Re: St Lambert Battle Normandy VC awarded. Then and Now.

The advance continues.
    LUCKYSTRIKE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture St Lambert Battle Normandy VC awarded. Then and Now.   St Lambert Battle Normandy VC awarded. Then and Now.  

?

Very interesting! Nice work you did!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Good work luckystrike, it's an area and a scene i know very well but youv'e put the then and nows together like a professional

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

A beautifully presented and informative thread. Thank you!

Cheers, Ade.

Naos
    ?

Great job on these fotos well done.

Thank you for your kind comments it makes it all worth while.
    This particular thread was quite time consuming to construct but the forum is an excellent historic resource and well worth a visit website. The membership's collective knowledge is unsurpassed and I will happily continue posting to support the site for all to share.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Pat Mooney
    ?

Luckystrike...

Very cool and well done - I have a particular interest in the battle at St Lambert and have been there many times...thanks for putting it all together - the Currie photos are some of my favorites...

V/R

Pat

Thumbs up Re: St Lambert Battle Normandy VC awarded. Then and Now.

Hi Luckystrike

I cant' believe I missed this thread. You did a terrific job of putting this together, well done.

There's a Dutch magazine 'Toen & Nu' (Then and now), that also does this every three months, could be of help to you...

Greetz

Nick VR

Another stunning thread Luckystrike , well done , i agree totally with the sentiments you have written at the end of your thread , awesome , cheers Raymond

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast