Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Stalingrad Victory Day Parade 2015

Article about: Well I must admit to a small fib,these photo's were actually taken the day before the actual parade during the dress rehearsal. Any questions please ask.

?

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Hello Mods, could I ask that someone rotate the skewiff photo's as this seems beyond my capabilities.

Many thanks Robin
    Sorted Robin. Thanks for posting the thread.

and very nice ladies there are too

?

A real shame you wern!t there for actual Victory day Robin the parade in the Square is fantastic but it is even better on the Mamayev Kurgan , the atmosphere with all the veterans groups and Babushkas singing is something to behold !!

You have to love the Russian Girls !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Paul,

Was exploring the southern part of the Kursk salient on the actual day. Everywhere I went people were celebrating the day, veterans milling around people singing and enjoying themselves in a proud and respectful manner. The locals were very inquisitive upon hearing us speaking in English often gathering around and asking why we were there.When I explained why they were at first amazed that we should be interested enough to travel there and then thanked us for coming, next the Vodka came out leading to some world class hangovers. Great lot of people the Russians.
    Last edited by robin morley; 05-16-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Quote by Paul D View Post
    A real shame you wern!t there for actual Victory day Robin the parade in the Square is fantastic but it is even better on the Mamayev Kurgan , the atmosphere with all the veterans groups and Babushkas singing is something to behold !!

You have to love the Russian Girls !!
    You are correct!

?

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Hi Paul,

Was exploring the southern part of the Kursk salient on the actual day. Everywhere I went people were celebrating the day, veterans milling around people singing and enjoying themselves in a proud and respectful manner. The locals were very inquisitive upon hearing us speaking in English often gathering around and asking why we were there.When I explained why they were at first amazed that we should be interested enough to travel there and then thanked us for coming, next the Vodka came out leading to some world class hangovers. Great lot of people the Russians.
    They certainly are mate !! Last Victory Day i was at the Russian cemetery at Sinimae in Estonia , got to meetr all the veterans , they couldn't believe an English guy was there with them , i even got interviewed for the local press !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Fantastic photos, thanks for posting them. It must be an amazing experience to be in Russia on such an important anniversary, they certainly suffered a great deal.

Hi Robin, great to read your exploits. I will do a thread on my trip once I recover. Still really tired.

I got the same reaction as you on Victory Day in Red Square in Moscow. I got interviewed on Russian TV twice.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Robin, great to read your exploits. I will do a thread on my trip once I recover. Still really tired.

I got the same reaction as you on Victory Day in Red Square in Moscow. I got interviewed on Russian TV twice.

Cheers, Ade.
    I nearly made it to Red Square on the 9th, but my brother visiting and a pub crawl until 4 am the previous night put a damper on our plans! The things you do for women...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2