Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Strange story, late war massacre of Jews? Thyssen legacy...

Article about: Weird how history is all around us all the time, as I was just very recently in a Thyssen Krupp elevator in a library building. Stairs are better for you anyway ;-) Stumbled on to this obscu

Default Strange story, late war massacre of Jews? Thyssen legacy...

Weird how history is all around us all the time, as I was just very recently in a Thyssen Krupp elevator in a library building. Stairs are better for you anyway ;-)

Stumbled on to this obscure story by pure accident, and further reading (the second link) is very interesting. The story of the massacre is a fairly confusing one, almost a little bit of a whodunit... My wife still doesn't believe me when I tell her "I'm a historian" now, in addition to being a collector (it's kind of a chicken and egg, what came first thing, isn't it?).

What it really means is I spent twice as much time on this as I should, some to find items, and some to learn more.

I found all this fairly interesting, wanted to share it here.

The Batthyany Conspiracy: All Innocent On The Eastern Front | David R. L. Litchfield

The Thyssen Art Macabre | David R. L. Litchfield

?

Quite a logo... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange story, late war massacre of Jews? Thyssen legacy...  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I used to process many tonnes of Thyssen manufactured steel sheet every month back in the 80's and 90's. It was noticeably superior to most other makers, especially British Steel at that time. My biggest contract for it was with Saab-Scania, I supplied shaped blanks for the 900 series, and the material quality was superb.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I drove one of those for a long time, an '86 900, "my little tank" ;-)