Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Strongpoint "Bamburg"

Article about: I work every summer at a camping at the coast. It is'nt far from the Bamburg stelling. I visit it every year. Here are some of my pics First pic is on top of one a blown up bunker. The rest

Default Re: Strongpoint "Bamburg"

Hi Nick, thanks for posting an interesting thread. I love seeing these kind of sites.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Adrian

Thank you for your kind remark. There are a number of sites like these on the Flemish coast. Most aren't as well preserved as strongpoint "Bamburg". I'll try to visit most of them this summer to take pictures. My next stop will most likely be the marine artillery bunkers in Ostend, followed by the marine artillery bunkers in Raversijde...

Greetz

Nick VR

Grutte Pier
    ?

Thumbs up Re: Strongpoint "Bamburg"

Great thread Nick, interesting information supported with beautiful pictures. There is a Luftwaffe radar/bunker site near the town where I live, when time permits I will make some pictures and post a similar thread of it.

?

Nick, terrific pics! It seems that the bunkers are not heavily littered as it happens over here

Did you find anything interesting around there?

?

nice!

ace
    ?

it is so hard to believe that war was here it looks so beautiful seeing all the yellow fields and then you c the buildings my god i would love to go around visiting all the sites what an experiance my children should see this as they dont get taught about 2nd world war in schools i think they should the younger ones today might have more respect for the old people of today

WOW thats pretty cool. Could you go inside the command bunker, or was it closed off?
    I would have liked to see the inside of the command bunker. Did they see in action are did they sit out the war?

Jan
    ?

Very good pictures, enjoyed them alot!

very good pic !!!

Quote by Matt R. View Post
    Did you find anything interesting around there?
    Hi Matt

No I didn't have my flashlight and metal detector with me. I decided to go there when I had to meet some family in the area...

Quote by Luftpanzer View Post
    WOW thats pretty cool. Could you go inside the command bunker, or was it closed off?
    I would have liked to see the inside of the command bunker. Did they see in action are did they sit out the war?
    Hi Luftpanzer

The command bunker wasn't sealed off, I didn't have my flashlight with me so I didn't go in far.
    I don't think this site saw fighting, on the beaches of Westende there where similar bunkers and they saw heavy fighting with the Canadians. They even have a street named after them in Westende 'Essex Schottieshlaan'...

Greetz

Nick VR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast