MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Tank Museum....England

Article about: Hi I expect most of you are aware of the Tank Museum in the south of England but for those of you who aren't take a look : Welcome to the Tank Museum - Home of the Tank - Welcome to the Tank

Default Tank Museum....England

Hi

I expect most of you are aware of the Tank Museum in the south of England but for those of you who aren't take a look :

Welcome to the Tank Museum - Home of the Tank - Welcome to the Tank Museum - Home of the Tank

It is in the process of being enlarged and will be finished soon, my father works there so and I visit him there occasionally, it's worth a look if you are in the area as the place is full of stuff including a recently renovated and running Tiger.If anyone wants pictures of specific items or info let me know but please be patient as it may be some months before I am there again..

Andy

BerdanIII
    ?

Default Re: Tank Museum....England

Bovington beats the crap out of Aberdeen Proving Ground and Fort Knox, in my humble opinion, especially on WWI armor (or armour).

Quote by BerdanIII View Post
    Bovington beats the crap out of Aberdeen Proving Ground and Fort Knox, in my humble opinion, especially on WWI armor (or armour).
    You are correct sir. I have been to both Aberdeen and Knox. One thing about Aberdeen though, where else can you climb in and on an original german piece of armor? My last trip I lifted the hatch on a Jagtiger and climbed right in. Pretty cramped in there but man I got some tremendous pictures. I get to Aberdeen a few times a year and always enjoy the visit.
    Knox is cool too. The Tiger II is really worth the visit.

?

Get over to Duxford Imperial war museum where they have fantastic displays of tanks and also aircraft ,theve even got a V1 on its original firing ramp,look it up on the net, youll be amazed. They also have the workshops where they are always in the process of renovating WW2 aircraft.

?

... just a few pics from Bovington Tank Museum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tank Museum....England   Tank Museum....England  

Tank Museum....England   Tank Museum....England  

omg i did my basic training right opposite the tank musiem i spent most of my time off in the place. had a excellent model shop. there's a good story about the t55 that got brought back from the 1st gulf war when they where unloading it from the transporter it got a runaway engine and flattened a few cars in the car park.

Hi Guys, I, along with other members of 2nd Guards, will be taking part in the Wartime Christmas event at the Museum on Dec 4th/5th 2010:

Welcome to the Tank Museum - Home of the Tank - Wartime Christmas Festival 2010

Our display will be centred on the Soviet KV 1 tank.

Cheers, Ade.

A great museum, as an ex Tanker I love going there !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I lived in Poole for 3 years back in the early 90's so got to visit Bovington on more than a few occasions!

?

my inlaws live 2 mins from here, its an amazing place, out the back they have a tank with the biggest gun i have ever seen in my life, not sure what it is though

EDIT
    think this is it