MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

A then & now mystery.

Article about: Hello, These two French FT17 tanks were photographed on May 15 or 16 1940 by a member of Pi bat 225 of the 225th Infantry Division. The picture was taken in the Stationsstraat in Essen (Nort

peter u
    ?

Default A then & now mystery.

Hello,

These two French FT17 tanks were photographed on May 15 or 16 1940 by a member of Pi bat 225 of the 225th Infantry Division.
    The picture was taken in the Stationsstraat in Essen (North of Antwerp - Belgium), the building you see in the background is the railway station of Essen.
    Personally I have seen more period pictures of FT17's in the streets of Essen.
    So their is evidence that the French 7th army unloaded several FT17 tanks in Essen.
    The mystery is that according to all organization lists that I have seen from the French 7th army, the French 7th army had no FT17 tanks in it arsenal.
    Is there anyone that knows to which unit these FT17 tanks belonged?

Cheers,
    Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A then & now mystery.  

Default Re: A then & now mystery.

Maybe they were captured and then put into use by the Germans. There are much more learned people here that are more qualified than I. But, great then and now pics!