Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Trees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiers

Article about: Hi Guys... here in Perth, in Western Australia, there is a wonderful are of native bush called King's Park. It's a very large, beautiful, serene area, crisscrossed by pathways and natural tr

?

Default Trees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiers

Hi Guys... here in Perth, in Western Australia, there is a wonderful are of native bush called King's Park. It's a very large, beautiful, serene area, crisscrossed by pathways and natural tracks and with a number of roads passing through it. It's thickly wooded with many types of native tree, and lining each road there is a wide variety of magnificent gum-trees. Each of these trees was planted in remembrance to a fallen soldier. I took these photos this morning... just a few... needless to say and sadly... there are hundreds and hundreds... a sad but very touching tribute to lost loved ones... may they rest in peace...
    Trees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiers

?

Default Re: Trees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiers

A few pictures of the trees along one of the roads...Trees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiers

?

In another part of the park there's also this... sorry, I didn't want to start another thread so I've included it here..
    Trees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiersTrees planted in memory of fallen WW1 Australian soldiers

?

Sorry, I accidently included 2 WW2 POWs... but they deserve to be remembered here too... R.I.P.

Nice monuments, its a nice alternative to the normal monuments.

?

Yes... I like it that each tree has been planted by a member of the family or close friend all those years ago... these big trees are filled with wildlife too... wonderful living monuments....

?

Very touching monuments. Thank you for posting. Cass

This is a superb idea.

We have similar places in the UK.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I have been to Kings park and it is very moving. Here in Victoria we have the Avenue of Honour at ballarat which goes for nearly 20 kms and each tree is named, a[parently it is the longest of its type in the world. There are a lot of these type of memorials here in Oz. A lot of country towns have them. The Freeway to Canberra is called the "rememberance highway" and all the rest stops along the way are named for VC winners and have a notice at them giving the story of each VC holder.