Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U 2540, The Wilhelm Bauer

Article about: Greetings all U Boat enthusiasts! Here are the promised pictures of U 2540 - the ONLY surviving U Boat of WW2 vintage which is still floating on water. The U 2540 is a type XX1 which was com

Default U 2540, The Wilhelm Bauer

Greetings all U Boat enthusiasts! Here are the promised pictures of U 2540 - the ONLY surviving U Boat of WW2 vintage which is still floating on water. The U 2540 is a type XX1 which was completed just before the end of the war, and then scuttled as the war finished. She was raised in 1957 and pressed into service with the recently re-formed federal Navy and called the Wilhelm Bauer. Around 1987/88 she was withdrawn from service and refitted as close as possible to how she was in WW2. Of note are the modern-looking chairs.

Those of you who saw my previous posting of the U 534 may recall my mention of my daughter entering the U Boat with her shopping bag. Well just look at what she did when sent on this latest spy mission with her husband!

U 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm Bauer

Default more pictures...

More pictures...

U 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm Bauer

The last ones... An interest in military history seems to run in the family!

U 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm BauerU 2540, The Wilhelm Bauer

thanks Harry,great pics lovely daughter.

Many more pictures to come when she gets back from Germany!

Superb photos Steve, thanks very much for posting!.....

?

Excellent photos here,The sub looks quite modern compared to all the other photos I have seen of U-boats...Some great shots of the inside so thank your daughter for some tippy top spy work!! Cheers Terry.

Superb!
    I send the pictures to a friend, he served in 1948 on a German u boot used by French Marine. Every time, he tell me how small it was, the odor of men and food.
    Do you think it was very small ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Superb!
    I send the pictures to a friend, he served in 1948 on a German u boot used by French Marine. Every time, he tell me how small it was, the odor of men and food.
    Do you think it was very small ?
    The conditions were indeed very small, especially for a crew of over fifty. I enjoyed several tours of the U-534 before she was cut up - the earlier tours allowed visitors to actually walk through the boat, so it gave the chance to experience the confined areas.

?

Very nice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast