Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

U-534

Article about: Hello Ladies & Gents today I visited with my good lady U-534 in Birkenhead..I have never seen a U-boat before so as we up that end of the world I thought sod it lets take a look. Now the

Default U 534

Just a couple more pictures of a boat. This is the connning tower of my type V11C/41. I've put a campaign medal next to it to give an idea of size. She should have undergone sea (pond) trials this year. But due to pressing family matters I was unable to find the time.

U-534U-534

?

Harry looks amazing..when you get time to get her out to sea/pond you will have to let us all know how she fares?..top dollar.. Cheers Terry.

There is an erring son-in-law to be dealt with before I can think of that! The boat measures 4' 7'' and has twin electric motors.

?

Tell him you got a shovel and a pick-up truck with a bed large enough for a body ......or get him interested in collecting relics........either way should sort him out and keep him from mischief.

The first option would be the best. But I know I can't do that. His punishment will be his children rejecting him...

Steve, lets see more images of your U-Boot model, and give the specs......I kinda always liked messing with model boats, most parks in my early days (60's) had boating ponds, some are still there, sadly empty now or filled in !
    Prost ! Steve.

Default U Boats in Warrington

Here you go Steve, straight off the printing press. The model is 55 inches long. The beam is 5.5 inches and height to top of front Turm (tower) is 8 inches. Hull is glass fibre. Decking and Turm is in ABS... Wintergarden rails are metal. Powered by two electric motors with moving hydroplanes front and rear. I did not build this. It is an RTR from Graupner and cost almost £700. In the past I have made two type V11's. The first was a Darnell kit which took me two years. That boat was almost seven feet long. I cut all the drain slots out - 480 of the bu**ers, each one measured 1/16th X 5/8th inch. I wasn't happy with the finished result. so I filled them in and started again. My next type V11C was almost entirely scratch-built. Again there were almost 500 slots - all done with an abra file. I finished it and then sold it on eBay. I couldn't face doing more slots, so I bought this ready-made model which is almost ready to run. I just cannot find the time to build a transportation box due to the book I was writing and the aforementioned family problems. There is always next year... The P07 bayonet gives some idea of the size of the boat.

Cheers,
    Steve.

U-534U-534U-534U-534U-534U-534

And some more....

U-534U-534U-534U-534U-534

fantastic detail on the scale u boat steve ,i like very much

Quote by James C View Post
    fantastic detail on the scale u boat steve ,i like very much
    I'll second that mate!...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast