Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

War Memorials

Article about: Here are some of the Pozieres Cemetery and Memorial also on the Somme again, taken last autumn...... The walls surrounding the cemetery are covered with the names of those who are missing.

?

Default Re: War Memorials

Here are some of the Pozieres Cemetery and Memorial also on the Somme again, taken last autumn......

The walls surrounding the cemetery are covered with the names of those who are missing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Memorials   War Memorials  

War Memorials   War Memorials  

War Memorials  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Here's the memorial at Malmedy to the U.S. servicemen who died in the infamous massacre......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Memorials   War Memorials  

War Memorials  

The cemetery at Oosterbeek in Holland.

War Memorials  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Memorials from my Gallipoli trip:

Last edited by Woolgar; 05-31-2014 at 05:43 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

One more contribution from me; again from Italy.

Here are some memorial relief plaques from Volterra in Tuscany, photographed in 2009:

War Memorials
    War Memorials
    War Memorials
    War Memorials
    War Memorials

Photographed in 2008, an interesting memorial at San Gimigniano in Tuscany commemorating the fallen of WW1, WW2 and the killed WW2 resistance fighters. It incorporates the gun of a WW1 Austro-Hungarian submarine:

War Memorials
    War Memorials
    War Memorials
    War Memorials
    War Memorials
    War Memorials
    War Memorials

?

Here's the memorial at Colleville-sur-Mer within the cemetery to the U.S. servicemen who died during the Normandy landings or thereafter......

?

This is the memorial at Bayeux which is across the road from the cemetery and where my Father's cousin, Gunner John Wilson Cawte has his name remembered.....

Had to chuck one in of the war memorial in Canberra, Australia's capital!

Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Memorials  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Quite hard to photograph from ground level but this is the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin. In the second photo you can see the Reichstagsgebäude and Brandenburg Gate.....

?

This is a very deferential thread, and I feel duty bound to add to it. I have just noticed that this is my 2,000th post on the forum, and I cannot imagine a better way to mark that figure, than by paying my own respect to those who gave so much.

As some of you know, we spend a lot of our time in Prague, a city where memorials seem to be on every third or fourth house. Only two doors from our house, is a large memorial plaque to a lady that died at KZ Ravensbruck. Above, Andreas has already shown his fine images of some of the memorials in the city that he saw, when visiting the city several years ago. Below, I have added a few more.

They are as follows...

The memorial to the parachutists that assassinated SS-Obergruppenfuhrer Reinhard Heydrich, which towers over the location of the attack.

The stone marking their resting place, and another commemorative stone nearby that remembers a concentration camp victim.

Below these are some images of the grand commemorative work for the children of Lidice.

Regards,

Carl

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast