Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1 Can Para Batt BD. (Dont even think about it)

Article about: by Gunny Hartmann Didn't know that Jerry, cheers for the info. I only know because I spent a lot of time looking at them and the complexity of them is something I had not realised before tha

?

Default 1 Can Para Batt BD. (Dont even think about it)

This is currenty up for sale on Ebay Canada and is being sold as an original item number (310520804315) and if it were an original item would be worth silly amounts of money gentlemen there is so much wrong with this BD and insignia IMO were does one start I will point out the first thing that caught my attention though and that was the 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion shoulder flash.
    I have contacted the seller for clearer and closer straight on images but as of yet they have not replied they are not required though I wanted them for my personal data base. The shoulder flashes are known repos that are manufactured in the UK and Ireland .I should Know as I own a couple of these As well as one Original I was lucky enough to acquire some time ago .
    I have this item saved in my watch list and will be keeping a close eye on it as of yet there are no bids but I am positive that will change near the end of the Auction though as someone will get sucked in and purchase it.
    I have included a few images of the BD in question as well as a image of a repo shoulder flash in image 1 compare it to the one on the BD and to the images of my Original the details and constuction are completely different .
    Originals of this shoulder flash are Rare and extremely hard to come by and very expensive the last one I seen for sale sold for $ 500.00 cdn.
    All though it is listed as an Original BD I do notice the seller has the sleeve insignia listed as repo in the description below the add it should be listed as a reproduction period IMO.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1 Can Para Batt  BD. (Dont even think about it)   1 Can Para Batt  BD. (Dont even think about it)  

1 Can Para Batt  BD. (Dont even think about it)   1 Can Para Batt  BD. (Dont even think about it)  

1 Can Para Batt  BD. (Dont even think about it)   1 Can Para Batt  BD. (Dont even think about it)  

1 Can Para Batt  BD. (Dont even think about it)  

Default Re: 1 Can Para Batt BD. (Dont even think about it)

Thanks for the info and i wonder if the seller will ever get back to you
    I think it's pretty futile telling ebay about it, i informed ebay UK about a fake Russian helmet and they did nothing.

It states in the advert that the sleeve patches are reproductions.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

The part that bothers me is it is listed as an Original Item and it should not be listed as such even though the small print states repo sleeve insignia it does not belong in the original section all the insignia and badges should be removed or it should be moved to reproduction's
    Just my two cents worth though

Regards Mark K

I think it's a bit odd the way the date stamp looks more recent than the other stamps though.

It only claims to be a WWII Canadian BD, it does not claim to be airborne and it does state that it has repro patches. I agree this could fool those who have not looked at it closely or read the small print description carefully, but at least he has been honest and it is the buyers responsibility to read the advert carefully. You see plenty of rebadged BD's on Ebay and many are not listed as such or admit the insignia is reproduction. It is listed as original, but I assume he means the BD, which it is and he has not listed it as airborne, which would be a different matter. ?The amount of BD's I have seen listed as WWII and then when you view them are 49 pattern drives me insane.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I think it's a bit odd the way the date stamp looks more recent than the other stamps though.
    Like the British, the Canadians introduce a different pattern of BD in the post war period and also many have the date stamp as a seperate stamping from the makers stamp.
    Regards,

Jerry

Didn't know that Jerry, cheers for the info.

?

You speak the truth there Jerry I do see lots of re badged BD's and P-49's being sold as original WWII just my rant for the day.

Regards Mark K

No worries Mark, these things are sent to try us and sadly do so all too often. Thanks for starting this thread as I'm sure someone will bid on it because they did not read the small print and they will not have a leg to stand on when they realise their mistake. Hopefully no one from this forum will make that mistake because of your actions.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast