Hi guys new to the forum here and I must say I am impressed with it! Very glad I found it and was allowed to join. Thanks!
I wanted to show a sign I picked up a few months ago. I looked all over and could not find anything like it. My girlfriends sister was with the 101st Airborne in Iraq after 9/11 so she asked her about it. She did not know but asked a friend that served with her in Iraq that is now the 101st Airborne Museum Curator at Ft. Campbell. He said it was a Division Rigger Door Sign in Building 6607. He said the Parachute Riggers fell under the 801st he thought, back when they were Division Support Battalion. He also said its from around 67 as the Division as a whole didn't go over till late 67. He said they were still there at Ft. Campbell just smaller now and under a different name. A few weeks prior to finding the sign I saw an old patch on ebay from this Unit and thought it was cool but did not try to win it, wish I had now but it went quite high best I can remember. The patch had the Tank being dropped via Parachute like in the center of the sign. The Museum Curator asked if I would sell it to them or Donate it but I have not decided.
101st Airborne Division Sign Vietnam War Era from Ft. Campbell Kentucky