Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

101st Airborne Ike Jacket Grouping...

Article about: Good attitude, Dzyner ! It will make a nice display..........

?

Default 101st Airborne Ike Jacket Grouping...

Thought I'd post my latest uniform purchase, a 101st Airborne Ike Jacket grouping. I usually post German uniforms so this is a bit of a switch for me.

The CIB and jump wings were not placed on this jacket in the standard order by the vet (usually flip-flopped), although I have read that the positions did vary, but it was a rare occurrence.

Also, I find it interesting that the Chevrons were placed so close to the Eagle. Has anyone seen such a tight placement before?

Also, can anyone help me identify the patch near his right cuff - the gold wreath?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 101st Airborne Ike Jacket Grouping...   101st Airborne Ike Jacket Grouping...  

Default Re: 101st Airborne Ike Jacket Grouping...

WW2 vet.Nice uniform airborne stuff is always good.

?

The gold wreath is a meritorious service unit badge. the 101st patch should not touch the chevrons.also the unit citation should be above the pocket. Gary

?

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I'm posting some more detailed photos to get some more opinions on the authenticity of the jacket's parts and pieces. I'd like to hear from some 101st Airborne experts who have very good knowledge of patches, medals, insignia, etc to let me know if you see anything noteworthy, whether good or bad.

cricketchris1944 and Gary, if either of you guys have extensive knowledge of 101st Airborne I'd love for you to have a look at the new photos and give me some more detailed feedback.

Thanks all!
    Dzyner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 101st Airborne Ike Jacket Grouping...   101st Airborne Ike Jacket Grouping...  

101st Airborne Ike Jacket Grouping...   101st Airborne Ike Jacket Grouping...  

101st Airborne Ike Jacket Grouping...   101st Airborne Ike Jacket Grouping...  

?

Dzyner from what I can see the ribbon bar is good purple hart ,good conduct and , ETO . The CIB is also good. Also the 101st patch and rocker should be the same size. I hat to say this but I think this is a put together jacket. Gary

I agree with Gary, possibly everything is WWII but put together post war. The stripes should NEVER touch the patch.

?

Id really hate to say anymore about this....but the jump wings I believe are post war. Note the 12c which are commonly seen on 50's korean war wings. The patch and/or tab has been taken off and sewn back on as it is not touching the patch correctly. the tab is too high. Patch configuration was a picky subject for US army regulations. the entire ribbon/badge configuration is incorrect as well. If you havent returned this jacket I would take what "original" parts are on the jacket and sell them seperately to get some of your money back. Unfortunately I dont think you could resell this as is, being a self-made jacket. If you do end up keeping it I will post some pics of how the pins/insignia are supposed to be placed. This is an officer/captain jacket....but you get the point. Oh ya and like sum1 said...unit citation goes directly above the pocket line. Good luck as it is never fun to see some1 lose out on anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images 101st Airborne Ike Jacket Grouping... 

I think it makes a rare look to a collection. Good conversation piece to

i got the airborn patch 101st and 82nd from ww2

?

Hi guys. Thanks for all the feedback. I did keep the jacket, and will display it as-is regardless. I think for the purposes of display it's fine. I will likely change around the badge configuration to match regulation. That said I have read online in several places where the CIB and wings were swapped and, though not according to regulation, it did happen for whatever reason. I'm only out a little over $200 so it wasn't a crazy expensive purchase anyway At least a majority of it is period.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast