Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

17th Airborne bullion patch

Article about: Hi, I am not familiar with bullion patches and was looking for opinions on this patch. There are some loose threads on it like it may have been stitched on a uniform and it does not glow und

Thanks for the replies! I have the emblems of honor book and did not see this patch in it. I appreciate the help Phil and Wagriff! I dont want to pass this on to someone and have them think it is something it is not!

Hi Saginaw

You won't find 99.9% of legit WWII era bullion as these were made by individuals on behalf of platoons, companies , regimental HQ and upwards and were all unofficial and authorized for local wear only , however by the time the war ended , who was going to stop a GI wearing it Stateside!

Again there are double bordered bullion but you have to look at the patch as a whole and not just one part ie backing , the goods/ embroidered on , the patina , stitching , the fabric/cloth used etc..

I use Emblems of Honour as my go to guide for patches WWII-65 also look at Heroes in our midst which covers multiple "Airborne" subjects , from boots to chutes , patches , uniforms , Glider riders , wings , ovals and more also each volume is 500 plus pages, to me each has the equivalent of 5 books!!

So if you are into Airborne add these to your reference library.

Sorry I am sure this is a Paki repro

Thanks for the reply! I got this patch with a nice group of ww2 airborne ssi. It was the only bullion patch in the group.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12