Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1942 British Denison smock: good or bad?

Article about: I do not know much about British items. But would be a good item to have for my D-day collection. The question is it period and what would the price be? chris

Default 1942 British Denison smock: good or bad?

I do not know much about British items.
    But would be a good item to have for my D-day collection.
    The question is it period and what would the price be?

chris1942 British Denison smock: good or bad?1942 British Denison smock: good or bad?1942 British Denison smock: good or bad?1942 British Denison smock: good or bad?1942 British Denison smock: good or bad?1942 British Denison smock: good or bad?1942 British Denison smock: good or bad?1942 British Denison smock: good or bad?

Default re: 1942 British Denison smock: good or bad?

Hi Chris, the biggest problem is the zipper is missing and has been replaced by a button/s. This will badly affect value and desirability. Looks like one of the internal chest pockets may have been replaced too?

Other than that, it is original.

I am not up to date on current values, but I would hold out for a better one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

1949 is that a date also?
    chris

Hi Chris, it is. Some kind of inspection/repair stamp.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Ade
    chris

?

HI Chris
    This smock is what is stated in most threads etc as a 1st pattern printed example which was superseaded by a 2nd pattern in late 43 early 44 bering in mind that this type is the one most worn during D DAY , MARKET Garden etc I have seen other examples which have had the zipper replaced with buttons as this was easyer to do if the ziper broke the round 48 stamp is a repair date stamp and could be for the ziper or internal pocket repair this is a resonable example of an early smock even with the hole in the back which could be repaired the wd n stamp is for 1943 so proberly made early 1943 .
    value some of this type have gone through ebay which is worth a hunt to see . regards steve

I have had 2 of these and completely agree with Ade. It's been a while since I sold one so I'd do more harm than good guessing at a value for this one.

Thank you guys for all your help.
    chris