Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

1942 Denison Smock - Original or not?

Article about: I have (I believe) an original 1942 (Airborne Troops) Denison Smock manufactured by C.W.S. Ltd. And Size No.3. I am intrigued to know if you guys can verify its originality (and in brief put

Default 1942 Denison Smock - Original or not?

I have (I believe) an original 1942 (Airborne Troops) Denison Smock manufactured by C.W.S. Ltd. And Size No.3.

I am intrigued to know if you guys can verify its originality (and in brief put an estimated value on it).

It belonged to my Grandfather who did serve in the Royal Artillery but not during the war. We believe this was given to him in the late 40's or early 50's by the Paras as he had affiliations with them, the SAS and the Red Arrows. Once in his posession we believe he used it as a dog walking jacket.

He died in 1991 and since then it has hung in my cupboard.

Thoughts? (Please see photos attached)

Quote by bakerg335 View Post
    I have (I believe) an original 1942 (Airborne Troops) Denison Smock manufactured by C.W.S. Ltd. And Size No.3.

I am intrigued to know if you guys can verify its originality (and in brief put an estimated value on it).

It belonged to my Grandfather who did serve in the Royal Artillery but not during the war. We believe this was given to him in the late 40's or early 50's by the Paras as he had affiliations with them, the SAS and the Red Arrows. Once in his posession we believe he used it as a dog walking jacket.

He died in 1991 and since then it has hung in my cupboard.

Thoughts? (Please see photos attached)
    Sadly it seems you did not manage to upload the pics.

People tend to be wary about valuing items on here, as what happens is once they give a value the asker never comes back.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry

I will defo respond to any help.

I tried to post photos but got stuck

Guy

Glad to see you got a pic up, though many more will be needed, showing any labels or other details.

Sideways pics.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1942 Denison Smock - Original or not?  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.