Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1944 Denison Smock "Good or Bad"

Article about: Hello People, Could I possibly have your thoughts on this Denison Smock please, I think it's OK but I would just like it confirmed. Thank you very much.

Default 1944 Denison Smock "Good or Bad"

Hello People,
    Could I possibly have your thoughts on this Denison Smock please, I think it's OK but I would just like it confirmed.
    Thank you very much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Denison-4.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	955410   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Denison-3.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	955409  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Denison-2.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	955408   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Denison-1.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	955407  

?

Interesting collar add on, I have had a couple of these in the past, it looks good to me, but I am not an expert.

Dean O
    Canada

Thanks Dean for your input, I've seen similar collars before but usually brown.

?

Full length zip has been added as well ...

Looks good but as put full zip has been added later

?

Are there any marking on the zip?... also I think the collars on British made Flying Jackets and Canadian ones were a bit differant.

The collar to me, looks like it is from a flying Jacket, thats why I mention this, but perhaps I am wrong about that.
    I have never "held" a Smock with this sort of collar

Dean O
    Canada

The collar would appear to be from an RAF sidcot flying suit. These are a seperate collar that button on. The collar was a common addition to Denison smocks for glider pilots.

Not the best picture, but you can just about see where the collar buttons on (unfortunately I have packed the flying suit away)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	325.7 KB 
ID:	955420  

?

Grimebox, Thank you, I knew I had seen that type of collar before, but I could not remember where. I have had a few Canadian sidecot flying suits, and as soon as I saw your post, I remembered it!!!
    Again, in Many cases the Canadian ones were differant than the British sidecots, we all used what we had.

Dean O
    Canada

Yes your right the sidecot collar was used on the denison by glider pilots and the denison smock I posted in the original thread also belonged to a glider pilot. I've seen a few with sidcot collars and I'm pretty sure I've seen an image with the white sheepskin collar but I can't remember where I saw it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast